Chapter 18

Lauren had her arm draped around her girlfriends' shoulder as they walk around the Mall of Miami. They were hanging out with Ally, Normani and Dinah after school. The three girls were walking ahead as Lauren and Camila walked slowly. Camila reached up and held Lauren's hand, which was draped around her.

"You know, just spending time with you is nice. I don't need all the grand gestures," Camila said.

"Well, I'll still do them because you deserve the world," Lauren said.

Camila leaned in and lightly bump her forehead with Lauren's.

"Lauren?"

Camila and Lauren turned to see a young boy with curly brown hair and big brown eyes in front of them.

"Lauren Jauregui?" the boy had a British accent and he looked slightly short.

"Hey Brad," Lauren said as she pulled away from Camila and shove her hands into her pockets of her leather jacket. Camila looked from Brad to Lauren and noticed that Lauren had her wall up.

"I'm surprise to see you here," Lauren said, "Thought you went back to the UK."

"I did for a little bit," Brad said.

"Why are you back?"

"Oh! I got a show here in Miami. Then the boys and I are touring the US," Brad said.

"I'd say that it's cool but I don't particularly like your friends," Lauren said.

Brad's smile faded, "Look, I know what James and Tristan said was out of line-"

"They basically called me a slut," Lauren said with an unamused face.

"They were joking!"

"It's not a funny joke. C'mon Camz, let's go," Lauren said as she took Camila's hands and walked away.

~

"Who's Brad?"

"My ex," Lauren said.

"I thought you said you weren't into boys," Camila said.

"I'm not," Lauren said, "Brad was before I knew I was into girls."

"How many ex-boyfriends do you have exactly?"

"A few," Lauren said.

"Huh, good to know," Camila said.

"But," Lauren said as she interlock their fingers together, "I've never loved anyone as much as I love you," she said.

"I kind of regret that it took me so long before I found you."

"It sounds like they broke your heart."

"Yeah, they did," Lauren said as she looked down.

"I can't promise you that I won't break your heart. I just hope it never comes to that," Camila said.

Lauren looked at her and smiled, "It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you," she said.

"Quoting from the Fault in Our Stars I see," Camila said as she raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"John Green is a genius," Lauren said.

"Yes he is."

"I love you, Camz."

"I love you too, Lolo."

~

"Hey, where have you guys been?" Dinah asked.

"We kinda ran into my ex," Lauren said.

"Who?" Ally asked.

"It doesn't matter. So, what do you guys want to do now?" Lauren asked.