The x Second x Phase

The second phase was announced and was told to go find pigs and cook them for the two examiners to eat. The examiners are Garment hunters so that was the reason why phase two was about cooking.

I followed Gon and Killua around walking beside Kurapika. I felt more comfortable with Kurapika, he seems to be nice and gentle which makes me very comfortable.

As we continue looking for pigs, Gon suddenly jumped down a hill sliding to the bottom. Everybody did it except for me, I didn't like excitement as much, that is why people usually see me as an emotionless empty soul.

I rarely have a smile on my face, it was pretty normal between me and Killua, he did try many times to make me laugh but I barely ever did.

------------

After I knocked a pig out, Killua helped carry my pig to my station then went back to his and started cooking his pig. Everybody was just roasting the pig while I have a different idea in mind.

I cut the pig up to pieces that are kind of used like hotpot and seasoned it. I waited until it was cooked then I presented my finished dish since I was one of the last ones.

After they took a bite out of my dish, they seem very happy and started complimenting my cooking.

"You are the only one that passes! Number 98!" Mechi says after she finished my dish.

Everybody yelled out in agony as they all failed the second phase.

"Ehhh! Kila how do you cook like that!" Gon says as he ran over to me.

"I used to just sneak into the kitchen and cook before coming here so it was easy" I answered him which made Leorio's mouth dropped wide open.

"I never expected you to cook that good!" Leorio says as he scratches his neck.

"It's only natural for a girl to know how to cook" I replied

I glanced at Kurapika just to see him staring at me this whole time.

It made me have this weird feeling grow inside of me...I can feel my ears go red...

"Kila, are you okay?" Killua asked me as he looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why you ask?" I told him

"Well you usually talk to me more than to Kurapika and Leorio..." he says looking slightly sad.

"Oi...you made new friends, whoever is your friend is also my friend" I replied which made him even sadder.

Why is he getting sad all of the sudden? I legitimately told him the truth...

After an encounter with the chairman, we boarded the ship to go to the second part of the second phase because everybody failed.

For the place we have arrived, I've been here before with my grandfather, he told me about this place and took me here as part of my training.

I watched as the others dived down into the webs after Mechi came back up. She was in shock because she never finished explaining.

I didn't have to because I already passed so I just sat down on a big rock that I found. Thank goodness I trained here before because if I have not jumped down for like five times I would probably be dead of fear.

It was starting to get boring until I saw Killua and his friends flew back up and landed. They all had such a smile on their faces that brought a smile to mine.

Killua enjoys his time here while I am just like a third wheel watching.

Kurapika came and sat next to me as he held the dream egg in his hands, he split it in half and handed me one. I gladly took it and took a bite out of it.

Wow! This is so good!!! I understand why it's called a dream egg! My face lights up and a smile was on my face! I was really enjoying this until I feel like I was being stared at. I opened my eyes to see Killua, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio look at me in surprise except for Killua.

"Wha..What?" I asked while madly blushing because so much attention was on me.

"I never thought I could see you ever smile that big before Kila! You look so happy!" Gon excitedly says to me with a smile on his face which made me hide my face into the black jacket I had on.

After I watched everybody else finish their eggs, we were ordered to go back onto the ship to get to the third phase.