Contemplating Death

Marinette's POV

I decided to call Adrien, he'd know what to do. My throat was sore from crying, and I was a complete mess.

I opened my phone, quickly scrolling down my contacts, and found the nickname I called Adrien.

Adrien would most likely already be asleep by now, but I prayed that the call wouldn't go to voicemail.

He picked up.

"Princess? What's going on?" He asked sleepily.

"I-I-I had a nightmare, it was about - "

My voice trembled.

Adrien must've sensed something was wrong because he insisted to visit me.

"Give me two minutes, I'll comeover there okay?" He said gently.

It wasn't even a minute until a light knock came from my trapdoor, and there he was, Chat Noir was standing over me, with a more than worried look on his face.

"Come in." I gestured.

He climbed down the ladder and detransformed.

"Princess, you need to tell me what happened." He asked.

I must have been a mess, if it wasn't for the nightmare I just had, I would've done my hair, even put on make up, but as of now, I was distraught, troubled and possibly perturbed.

Adrien's POV

I looked at her, and she looked like she had been sobbing.

"What happened, princess?" I asked her again.

She broke down into sobs.

"I-I-You-you sacrificed yourself for me, and you got -

She stopped.

"Princess, you can tell me, it's just a dream."

"No, kitty, you don't understand, Master Fu told me that dreams the guardian would have would be slightly based on reality." She explained.

My heart dropped.

She just predicted how I'd die. But I couldn't worsen how she was feeling.

"Kitty, I-I don't know what I'd do without you." She said.

If my heart wasn't already beating quicker than usual. I felt lightheaded if not, I was probably about to faint. But I couldn't show any signs of weakness, as of now, she was the vulnerable one.

"Maybe we could change the future, I mean, we have already had a glimpse of it." I suggested.

Marinette had stopped sobbing. But her beautiful bluebell eyes were still glassy, and she was still sniffling.

I circled my thumb over her back, soothing her while I myself was contemplating.

I'd die.

I would, if she couldn't find another way.

I wish this was all just a dream.

But sadly, this was life.