8.

you quickly compose yourself and get off the plane. spencer had one this round and you both knew it. you got in the car with the same people you rode to the jet with to ride to the mall.

once you got there , you met outside with the team to make a plan of action. "okay , we all know the odds of child abduction cases , but we have no clue where this unsubs mind is considering they are still in the mall." hotch says

"statistically speaking , the unsub is most likely nias father considering she is a child under 4. nearly 90% of missing children have simply misunderstood directions or miscommunicated their plans, are lost, or have run away. 9% are kidnapped by a family member in a custody dispute. 3% are abducted by non-family members, usually during the commission of a crime such as robbery or sexual assault. the kidnapper is often someone the child knows. and in our case , nia most likely falls in the 9% considering her parents are in the middle of a custody battle." reid spewed out.

it never fails to amaze you how he can go from choking you out on the plane to spitting out facts like an encyclopedia.

"okay morgan and jj go talk to the mall cops , y/l/n and prentiss go talk to the mother , dave and reid go hand out flyers. the quicker we find this girl the better." hotch says and with that you were off

you and emily head over to where the mall cops are trying to console nias mother. you and emily walk up to her "ms jackson , hi i'm emily prentiss and i'm here to help find your daughter today" emily says while sitting by her

you took a seat on the other side of her and placed your hand on her back "i'm y/n y/l/n" you say with a sad smile. "can you tell us exactly what happened?"

"well today is nias birthday" she said through sobs. "we went to build a bear and i did feel like someone was watching me but i didn't see anything so i thought it was just a feeling , call it mothers intuition." you and emily nodded for her to continue

"we went to the food court and they called our number for the food , i went to grab the food and i came back and she was gone. i didn't panic and looked around since she's only 4 and probably wandered off but i couldn't find her so i notified the mall cops. nia knows better than to walk off with some stranger." she says , a sobbing mess.

you pull her in for a hug and try to console her while emily tells her your suspicions. "that's why we think the unsu- the person who took gabby might be your ex husband."

"wait, you think nick did this? i know he wanted custody but i never would think of him to do this."

you spend a few more minutes talking to her and then you meet up with the rest of the team.

"y/l/n call garcia and see if she can access security camera footage, put her on speaker." hotch says. you nod and pull out your phone to call her

"if it isn't my favorite person, i was beginning to think you forgot about me!" garcia says cheerily.

"babygirl , i'm not your favorite person?" morgan says putting on a fake frown

"y/n y/l/n you did not tell me i was on speaker!! of course you are sugar plum , now what do you need?"

"garcia can you pull the security footage from the mall and send it to us? and enhance it as much as you can , we will send you nias picture and let us know if you see her. she was wearing a pink shirt and jeans with one ponytail."

"aye aye captain" garcia said before hanging up. "so what do we do now hotch?" jj asked. "now , we search every inch of this mall , every parking deck , every restroom every storage closet until we find this little girl." you all nod and began your search

it took you 5 hours to find nia, her dad put her in the air vents. he was a maintenance worker at the mall so it was easy for him to blend in. you felt a wave of relief wash over you when she was pulled out the vent , you wouldn't have to see a dead 4 year old, thank goodness.

the entire team gets really down during child abduction cases and you couldn't fly back until tomorrow, so you decided to go out to dinner.

you guys were meeting at 7 , it's only 5:00 so you have time to take a nice relaxing bath before you have to get ready. you trudged back up to your hotel room and kicked your boots off at the door.

you went to the hotel bathroom and cut the water on as hot as it would go , retrieving your bath soap and shampoo from your bag

you sunk in the bath tub , the hot water burning your skin felt so relaxing. it's just what you needed after today.

after about 15 minutes of letting the water get cold , you got out. you dried off and decided on wearing a red dress that stopped about mid thigh , and hugged your curves in all the right places. you figured some of you would go clubbing after so you wanted to look nice , maybe even make reid jealous

you matched with a red lip and wore your hair down. adding some black pumps and a dash of mascara , you were out the door.

hiiiiii it's me , the writer! i'm trying to write more since people are actually reading this story , i'm trying to do at least 2 chapters a day but it's not guaranteed! xoxo!