The Wedding vs. Feyre's Bye Bye Letter

This chapter is about the wedding, when Rhys knew Feyre was his mate, and he loved her, but loved her enough to let her marry the male she thought she loved. Versus Tamlin even getting a letter from Feyre that she was not coming back, and that she was happy at the Night Court, and still going after her. 

I've said this so many times before, and I'll say it again. Rhysand is an angel who deserves the world. While Tamlin deserves someone the likes of Ianthe or Amarantha. 

Rhysand knew Feyre was his mate. When she was made Fae, the bond snapped into place so hard that he literally stumbled. That was my second favorite part of ACOTAR, and when I recently read it, I laughed out loud. My favorite part, was, of course, "There you are. I've been looking for you." I can quote so many of Rhys's lines, it's the best. I love him so much. Anyway, he knew she was his mate. He loved her. But. He loved her enough to not force the bond on her, and let her marry the male she loved. This is why I love Rhys so gods-darned much. He would do anything for the ones that he loved. He was abused by Amarantha and other faeries for nearly 50 years, but he did it so Velaris would be safe, so Mor, Cass, Az, and Amren would be safe, because that's just the kind of mother hen he is, and also because he is Rhysand. 

Tamlin, however. Feyre told him that she was happy, or at least safe, at the Night Court, but he still thought that they were manipulating her and she just wanted to come back to him. Hehe. Dream on, you tool. Though, I do understand where he's coming from. Sort of. Rhys always gives off a mean, aloof, somewhat cruel personality, so I understand that Tamlin thought she was being manipulated. He also thought she couldn't write, and it is pretty logical for him to think someone wrote that letter in place of her. Even I would think that, and I am much younger than him. But I'm also probably smarter and nicer and more loveable than him. 

I just realized we can't bash Tamlin about this, because, from a logical point of view, Feyre could have been under Rhysand's control. 

Let's not be logical. 

He was a freaken idiot who thought he knew best for Feyre and wanted to keep her for himself, even if he could tell she was unhappy. He wanted Feyre back when he knew he messed up badly and she was very right to leave him, and when learned that she was happy somewhere else, a place that wasn't with him. 

Also, I just recently finished my reread of ACOWAR, and when Feyre is back at the Night Court, she wants to do something and she immediately expects Rhys to shut down the idea. Stinks of eau de Tamlin. She was so used to being around Tamlin's... trashy personality that she thought my love was going to take away her Cauldron-freaking-granted right, her choice.  

That's all for today, I'm going to try to update on a weekly basis, but with school and my Hunger Games fanfiction, (which you should totally check out, you only have to have read the first book, and I think it's really good, if I do say so myself,) which is what my focus is mostly on. And when I finish listing all of Tamlin's faults, I will probably change this book to funny and sad and amazing headcanons/memes I find, but that's probably a long way off. 

Seeya next time!

-xoxo

Tessa.