In Defence of Nesta

So this is a bit different from the Rhys vs Tamlin thing, but I saw a comment on Pinterest about this and had to write it down and tell everyone else about it too, so here it is. 

People always say that Nesta abused Feyre, and she doesn't deserve Cassian, and she's just mean, and I get that. She is mean. And, I want to clarify the meaning of the word abuse. People these days just throw it around at the slightest bit of mistreatment, and it bothers me so much. 

Here are all the definitions of abuse from Wikipedia (I think): 

verb

1.) use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

2.) treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

3.) speak in an insulting and offensive way to or about (someone)

noun

1.) the improper use of something.

2.) cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal

3.) insulting and offensive language.

I don't think letting Feyre do all the work in the house counts as abuse. Nesta and Elain made Feyre do all the work and did barely anything themselves. I get it, Nesta is mean and everything, but don't just toss her in the trash. She irritates me sometimes, yes, but I feel that she deserves a chance to explain herself, which we will get in February. 

Also. If Nesta were a guy, she would be the swoon-worthy, angsty, bad boy. Everyone would be swooning over the fact that she is so dismissive and mean to everyone and the love interest. But since she's a girl, she's mean and bad and terrible and doesn't deserve Cassian. That's not fair to Nesta, or women in general. 

I do find it irritating, and just terrible, that Nesta is so much more loving to Elain than to Feyre, but I'm positive that we're going to find out why in A Court of Silver Flames. In ACOWAR, Nesta was going to tell us why. She literally opened her mouth and said the first word (which I think was 'because' I'm pretty sure) so I'm 100% sure we're going to figure out why. 

Anyway, that's it for today. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. See you next time!