"Boop"

Daichi woke up from his dream, feeling a hand on his shoulders rocking him gently. He opened his eyes slowly, in order not to be harmed by the sunlight piercing through the shutters. He turned around to face the person who woke him up. In front of him, there were two big brown eyes, sparkling with mischief, two rosy cheeks and messy, long dark hair ruffling his shoulder. With an eye still closed, Daichi smiled to the cute face. The girl's mouth spread, and she smiled back.

"Hi Dad ! the girl said with enthusiasm.

- Shhh ! Daichi answered. Papa's still asleep.

Putting a hand on her mouth in a sheepish face, she turned around to see Suga, still sleeping.

- Sorry, she whispered with a funny face.

Daichi wheezed.

- Did you sleep well ?

She nodded.

- Sweet dreams ? Daichi asked again.

She nodded again.

- What time is it ? Can you read the time on the clock, he said while pointing his finger to the numbers on the alarm on his nightstand.

Aiko squinted her eyes.

- That... Is 4 ?

- Yes.

- This one is 8. No, no... it's 3.

- Mmmh.

- And this one 8.

- Good. But if you want to read it, you have to start from the other side. From the left... You know where is the left ?

- Yes, It's where my pink bracelet is.

- Exactly, sweetie. So you start from the left, and you go to the right.

- It's... 8:34 ?

- That's it. You're a champion.

She smiled widely, happy to be praised.

- It's still a bit early, Daichi added. Let's wait until nine to wake your dad up. Come here.

He opened his arms and pulled the blanket in order for the child to get under the sheets.

- It's warm with dad.

She rested her hair on Daichi's arm, before making a grimace.

- What's wrong, Aiko ? the brown-haired man asked.

- Your arm too hard.

Daichi giggled.

- My arm is too hard ?

Aiko nodded.

- That's because dad does sports and has a lot of muscles.

- Muscles not good. I prefer pillow."

Daichi wheezed again, very amused by his daughter. He gave her a part of the pillow, and she was satisfied. His arm was under the pillow, under the girl's head. They stayed like this for 15 minutes, and then Aiko turnd to face Daichi. She looked at his face and put her finger on his nose.

"Boop.

Her father couldn't help but laugh.

- Where did you learn that ?

- Papa does boop when I go sleep.

- 'When I go to sleep', Daichi corrected. Yes, Papa loves doing that.