Ch.1 : Cruel Destiny

Mew's POV

I love children so much. They are my motivation to become a best pediatrician. I walk through corridor in my hospital. It has been six years since I became pediatrician at this hospital. That's the last room I need to visit. I already hear his whining. He is really trouble maker in pediatric ward. But, I like him so much. He is Boom, my energetic patient, or we should say it chaotic. Boom is really cute. His cheerful behavior makes other children happy, but gives nurses headache. Hahaha! Sometimes, I pity them.

I enter his room and find nurse running after him. Looks like he doesn't want get injection again. When I knock the door, he instantly runs to me. This 4-years-old buddy hides behind me. He hugs my leg tightly. I take him into my arm, bringing him inside. It takes me almost half hour to convince him. Fortunately, he is being a good boy and listening to me.

------------------------

My job is done by now. I can't wait to go home and meet my beautiful boyfriend, Gulf. We had been on this relationship since six years ago. Yes! It has been long time ago, and I will soon propose to him on our seventh anniversary. At that time, he studied bachelor degree on humanities faculty while I studied master degree on medical faculty. He loves football so much. And, it makes us to meet each other.

That day, I was on my duty in university clinic. Everything was very alright until I heard someone's screaming so hard on my clinic. I thought someone was badly injured. I rushed to outside and found the tall man with his friend holding him. I helped him to get in the room first. His ankle was sprained by the accident from their football match, I thought. His friend, Mild, nagged him so much. I sighed and left them.

We met again after that. I don't know how to explain this. But, I feel like destiny bring us to meet again. My feeling towards him started to change. I didn't know what it is. I finally realized that I like him and want him to be my boyfriend. Since then, I tried to pursue him, following him everywhere. Oops... Don't get me wrong! I didn't stalk him, I just wanted to make sure that no one would take him from me.

He was very grumpy to me at first. I didn't know why he acted that way. He frowned and put cold face to me. It didn't make me give up. Little by little, he softened to me. Actually, he is really cute and pure, like a baby.

I still remember that day, when I asked him to be my boyfriend. At that time, he was having a match with other faculty. His team won. Everyone congratulated them. They were going to have party after the match. Mild invited me. At least, that's the reason I told to Gulf. Actually, I asked Mild to bring me with him. Not that I lied to him, but I just told him a bit late about this.

We entered the place. It looked like Mild reserved a room. The room had microphone and speaker. It was perfect for my plan. Mild really helped me a lot. He told me much thing about Gulf, my yai nong. I went out from room while Mild asked him to tell his lame joke. He was in front of everyone when I entered and sang 'Be Mine'. He smiled ear-to-ear. I still remember his expression that time.

In the end of the song, I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend. And, HE SAID YES. After a whole month trying, he accepted my feeling. I jumped like crazy person in front of his friends. A whole room cheered us. I hugged him. His ears were really red. Now, when I think about it again, he must be really shy at the time I hug him for the first time as his boyfriend.

Do you want to know something funny? It turned out that he fell for me first, but of course, I fell for him harder. Really hard, until I love him even more every day. Finally, I know why he was grumpy with me at first. He didn't ready to tell me about his feeling. But, it wasn't matter at all, because at the end, he is mine.

Since then, we faced many obstacle together. Obstacle makes us growing up together. And, here we are today. I achieve my dream to be pediatrician and he achieves his to own a kindergarten and teaching there.

-----------------

I'm on my way to my car. But, my phone suddenly rings. It is from unknown number. I answer the call, but it becomes my nightmare. Earth seems stop rotating when police says my sister and brother-in-law passed away in car accident. How can this happen out of the blue? I can't believe it. No! I don't want to believe it! Jom and Tong won't leave me and Win like this. They can't leave their baby alone like this! I can't hold my tears anymore. I need my Gulf right now. I'm about to call him when I get message notification from him.

'P'Mew, let's break up! I found someone better than you and I'm happy with him right now. Don't try to contact me anymore.' - Gulf

Author's POV

Mew gets a break-up message from his beloved boyfriend, Gulf. His knee give up. Just a few minutes ago, he got a call from police. They informed him that his family members passed away in a car accident. He doesn't care anymore even he is in the middle of hospital. He can't be more hurt than this. He cries out loud. Destiny is so cruel to him, leaving him only with Win on this cold world.

=================================================

What do you think about the first chapter? Will Mew gonna be survive or just surrender to cruel destiny?

I would like to apologize if you think the end of this chapter is a bit hanging. I just can't write too sad plot :(

Please let me know how you think about this chapter and what will happen with our two lovebirds

See you on the next chapter!