Rewind

6 Months Ago

Arowana Mall

"Callie, you are actually insane. You can't just bribe store owners like that."

"Well, we have the money to bribe people with, and that guy was an asshole, so..."

"Also, why are you bribing store owners with money to get clothes for 'free'? Your logic is kinda flawed there..."

"Well it was either that or bribing him with sex but... ok yeah I see your point."

Callie and Marie were shopping early this morning in order to get it done before too many people saw them and crowded them with autograph requests, and the sun was barely out as a result. Of course, this was a 24/7 hour mall outside of the turf war scheduling so there was no concern about attempting to shop in the early hours before it was open.

Marie set her bags down and took a seat, looking at her watch. "Well I'm gonna sit for a moment but we should probably get going soon before they close this place down for turf war."

"Aw c'mon, maybe we should stay and actually play! We haven't done that in a while! Especially not together..." Callie sat down next to her.

"Yeah, probably because a certain someone went and got brainwashed multiple times by those stupid glasses..."

"Hey! They look good on me!"

"You put those things on again and you're saving yourself." Marie stated with a sarcastic tone.

"Hey, Marie..." Callie grabbed her shoulder and shook her, pointing at a TV through a window not far in front of them, which was broadcasting some kind of news alert. The girls stood up and walked over to it, leaning over just enough to hear it. The female newscaster Inkling had a dire tone of voice.

"We don't know where it came from exactly but a massive statue of a human head has suddenly appeared from the lake by Inkopolis. Our scientists are investigating into the situation, but until we have more information, fingers crossed that this statue is a friendly."

"Well you don't see that every day." Callie said with a confused squint.

"Please tell me Gramps and Jessica are back from their 'vacation'". Marie said nervously.

"No. I haven't even heard from them in a while. Why, are you calling in the Splatoon for this?"

"Yeah, I'm calling in the Splatoon. This has the octarians written all over it." She pulled out a handheld transceiver, and spoke into it. "This is Agent 2, calling for Agents 4 and 5. Meet me and Agent 1 at Cuttlefish Cabin in Octo Canyon ASAP. This is a potential emergency."

"Copy that." Sheldon said on another end. "What are we dealing with here, boss?"

"I'll tell you when I see you."

"...We are now getting reports that some sort of... cannon, as appeared from the statue's mouth, and is now charging up a sort of energy. At this time, we request that all viewers take shelter as soon as possi-" Suddenly, the tv shut down, as a small earthquake began to shake the ground, rumbling the buildings.

"Holy shit..." Callie muttered.

"That's not good." Marie then spoke back into the transceiver. "Actually, run to Octo Canyon, NOW! Inkopolis is under fire!"

"How the hell are we gonna get there fast enough!?" Callie yelled.

"Follow me, I know a shortcut!" Marie pulled out her secret charger from under her jacket, and Callie grabbed her dualies. Inking the ground in front of them, they quickly swam to Inkopolis Square.