The Promised Land

Cuttlefish Bunker

The exit/entry elevator descended and came to a slow stop at the ground, the door opening shortly thereafter. Marie, Callie, Sheldon, and Dylan walked in, greeted by Marina and Cap'n Cuttlefish. Marie and Callie went straight to Cuttlefish, hugging him together.

"I missed you so much..." Marie said through her tears.

"We didn't think you'd made it..." Callie too said through her own tears.

Cuttlefish couldn't help but shed a few himself. "It's so good to see you girls again. I knew my Agents wouldn't let me down." They separated. "Where have you young ladies been?"

"We got trapped in the other Cuttlefish Bunker. We got out just today for the first time. You?" Marie replied.

"Well I made friends with an Octoling, got trapped underground, got kidnapped by a telephone, and then I got to be the hype man right before Inkopolis got destroyed. The hype man part was cool. I wish you could've been there."

"...Sounds eventful." Marie replied with a confused stare.

"Hey... You actually are Marina from Off the Hook!" Dylan said to Marina, shaking her hand.

"Yeah... Hi. I mean, we're not really Off the Hook anymore. Pearl, well, kind of..." Marina started.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry for your loss." Dylan interrupted.

"What? Oh, no, Pearl's here and well, she's just... well, never mind."

Cuttlefish pointed his cane at Dylan and Sheldon. "Who are these gentlemen?"

Marie turned back to look at them. "Gramps, these are Agents 4 and 5. I recruited Agent 4, or Dylan, to replace Jessica while you were out, he's the one who saved the Great Zapfish and Callie last year. Agent 5 is Sheldon from Ammo Knights, he was supplying weapons to Four so I promoted him."

Cuttlefish moved over to Dylan and put his hand on his shoulder. "I've heard about you actually. You saved my girl while I was out. Can't thank you enough for that, young one. I'm sure you'll make a great replacement for Jessica with proper training."

"Yeah, unfortunately, Dylan got injured so, he might not be much use in the field for right now." Marie sighed.

"Where is Jessica anyway?" Callie mentioned. "Is she not here? Because... this might sound unrelated, but I had this crazy dream where Jessica got invited to something called a... Smash Bros? It was so trippy, Marie and I were there as something called assist trophies and we would suddenly appear in the background and throw a concert and-"

"Callie... don't."

"Guys... I think we need to catch you up on some stuff real quick." Marina interjected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I gotta say, this place is SO much more spacey than the other bunker..." Callie mentioned.

Marina pulled up some pictures of Commander Tartar, Bridgett, and the Deepsea Metro on the monitors. Everyone in the bunker but Pearl was present in the dining room, some sitting at the table, others leaning against the walls. "6 months ago, Pearl and I accidentally contacted Mr. Cuttlefish and Bridgett, who were trapped in this underground labyrinth called the Deepsea Metro."

"Who's Bridgett?" Dylan interrupted.

"Agent 8. She's an Octoling." Cuttlefish replied.

"An Octoling??" Marie and Callie nearly yelled at the same time. "An Octoling in the Splatoon? Are you crazy?"