New Squidbeak Splatoon

One Year Later

"Dear Diary." Bridgett spoke into her employee model CQ-80 she found in the Metro. "It's been a year since the New Squidbeak Splatoon first assembled after the NILS statue, and, it's been a step up from the first 6 months. Marina is doing great, I hear she's been training for combat. Marie has been closely monitoring her for side effects of the partial sanitization, and has yet to come up with any bad news. She and Sheldon have also been working closely, together, they made us our new Hero equipment. On top of that, Off the Hook is back, they've been working with the Squid Sisters in their spare time to write new music. Too bad I haven't been around lately to see it. But overall, everyone has been great friends and we're really getting along. Except for maybe Pearl but she's acting nicer now at least."

Bridgett looked around her surroundings. She was in an abandoned broken down building somewhere in Inkopolis. She was wearing the newly updated Hero Outfit designed by Marina and Sheldon. The main armor was black, covered her whole body except for her hands and head, was somewhat thick yet flexible, and had lines of neon light lined throughout her suit in patterns (which could be turned off for more stealthy missions). The new Hero Headset she wore was similar to the slick design of the Hero Headphones Dylan used to wear, but had even more flashing colors to it this time and was thinner in the back. Everyone in the Splatoon had versions of this new outfit, including Cuttlefish, although they came in different shapes and sizes in order to fit their respective wearers (Sheldon's was the most unique as he also had a black helmet with his to make up for his usual helmet), and also had different colors of the neon lights that matched their usual hair color. As a result, Bridgett's color was pink-ish red.

"Dylan and I have been back in Inkopolis for a month now, in our mission to find and gain information on Tartar which we share with everyone back at the Metro in daily updates. So far, we haven't had any luck, because of how big the city is, but from what we can tell there's a new building under construction over where Moray Towers used to be, which is almost finished. I have no doubt Tartar is there. Most of his forces have been distracted by that building, so the city has been easier to traverse. Dylan has been keeping me company of course, he's in this mission as much as I am. I think we've turned out great friends, he's been a real help for me whenever I've felt down, especially in this mission. Right now, I just can't wait to get back to the Metro and see everyone." She prepared to power down the CQ. "Love, Bridgett. Don't get cooked."

Around the same time, she received a call request in her headset, she tapped a small button in the back to answer it. "Bridgett."

"Hi, Eight. It's Agent 7."

Bridgett stood up and put the CQ in her pocket. "Hey, Marina. I heard you've been working on combat training."

"Yes! I'm completely back on my feet! Too bad I can't really wear crop tops anymore unless I want this gross scar on my belly to be visible. ...Anyway, how's your mission?"

Bridgett looked out the window. "It's boring. I'm waiting for Dylan to get back, he went out to do some monitoring."

"By himself?"

"Yeah, actually. Tartar's forces haven't been actively patrolling or anything. How is everyone?"

"We're good here. I wish you could hear some of the music Pearlie and I have been working on with Callie and Marie."

"I'd love to, I might actually come back in a few days. There hasn't been much going on out here anyway."

"Hm... Alright. Can't wait to see you! I miss you so much, Eight, you have no idea."