Return to the Deepsea Metro

The NILS statue sat still in a state of decay, in the same exact position where Tartar left it. Abandoned and silent, any signs of life that once existed here were now gone.

As the sun was setting, the sound of helicopter blades could be heard approaching the statue, although no one was around to hear them. The Off the Hook helicopter slowly descending to it, entering through the open eye.

"This place looks deserted. Thankfully." Marina said, as she continued to pilot the helicopter.

"...What are we doing here?" Sheldon asked with a concerned stare.

Marina sighed. "If you know of a better place we can go, I'm all ears."

While Marina and Sheldon sat in the front seats in the control room, everyone else was now awake on the metal floor in the main area of the helicopter. Because of the helicopter's strange design, there were no walls to their sides, and it still looked broken down overall.

Bridgett looked around, knowing very very well where they were. Pearl and Cuttlefish also stared in disbelief.

Marina landed the helicopter in the room that the open eye immediately led to, with random papers hung all over the walls. Everyone exited the helicopter, and looked around the room.

"...What are we doing back here?" Bridgett asked as well.

Marina closed the door. "We're not staying here. We're going to navigate the statue and go all the way down to the subway. We should be safe down there."

Bridgett stepped backward and looked down in despair. She never truly escaped that place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours passed. The group slowly made their way through the many abandoned sections of the statue's insides, starting from the Spinal Phase and then working all the way down to the Coccyx Phase.

Eventually, they ducked through a hole and, one by one, fell into Central Station through the hole that Jessica once left. Bridgett looked around, seeing that the smashed blender remains were still there.

The place was completely unaffected by the NILS statue attack due to being underground, looking just as it did when they left it.

"...So this is what this place looks like in person." Marina sighed, looking around at the collapsed lights. "Looks even more depressing than it did on screen."

Pearl walked up to Marina. "What the hell?"

Marina looked at her. "What?"

"No one agreed on this. You didn't even let us talk this over!"

"I didn't hear you whining while we were in the statue."

"Well if you didn't waste our precious remaining helicopter life getting us here..."

Marina walked closer to her angrily. "Where else were we gonna go? Huh? You guys were unconscious, Jessica is gone again, Inkopolis is a dead area that isn't safe, where else do you think we would've gone?"

"Marina..." Marie said. "No one is saying you made a bad move but you could've at least let us have a say..."

"What say? You guys were unconscious! The helicopter only had so much power, I had to choose somewhere quickly. Also..." She ducked down, putting down her duffle bag. "I've told you guys about the mysterious readings down here, and... I wanted to look into them."

"So you brought us down here? This is a SUBWAY, Marina! What are you supposed to find down here?"

"Try energy readings that distort space-time."