Tartar Labs

Two Weeks Later

Several dummy balloons sat in front of her, not specifically lined up, but spread throughout the large room. A cd player radio sat in the corner, playing loud heavy metal music, including Metalopod, from Squid Squad. She remembered when music like this used to play over speakers during Turf War. Those were the days.

Jessica prepared her special gun, a black shooter style weapon called the Death Shot. In preparation, she closed her eyes and took multiple deep breaths.

Suddenly and all at once, her eyes opened and she launched forward. Barely aiming, she swiftly fired and rolled around the room, quickly popping every single balloon one by one. Although the balloons quickly respawned, they didn't remain for long as Jessica popped them again. She carried this on for a few minutes without pause unless she needed to refill some ink.

Eventually, she pulled a final move and performed a splashdown in the center of the room, popping most of the balloons at once. Only then did she relax.

Catching her breath, she slowly looked around the room at all the ink she spread onto the ground. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and turned off the radio. Although she didn't question Tartar's design choices, this was a bit of a flawed weapon.

She opened it up just a bit to examine it, before closing it again, setting it down. She sighed. Overall, however, working out felt really good.

Suddenly, however, the alarm began to buzz and flash, the entire facility going into a fast strobe light effect. The speaker buzzed to life, Tartar's voice ringing out through the halls.

"We have incoming intruders! I command all available Octarians and Stalkers to set up their defenses!"

Jessica stopped what she was doing, leaving the room and going down some halls. She went into the closet full of weapons, where some stalkers were already meeting, and then entered the smaller closet inside, opening it.

As the Executioner mask stared back at her, she smiled, ready for combat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Um... I'd judge from the strobe lights that they know we're here." Sheldon said.

Everyone sat in a submarine, which Marina managed to build from materials they found in the metro over the past couple weeks. They were quite lucky with their findings, having also found lots of food materials in the staff kitchens, no longer having to concern about limited food. Everyone but Cuttlefish had their own weapons, Callie and Marie were once again wearing their Squid Sisters outfits, and Pearl was once again wearing her rapper outfit.

Marina, who was piloting the submarine, sighed. "Well, that's why we came prepared. It's a miracle Jessica kept her tracker and left it on..."

"...What if their defenses are too much for us to handle?" Dylan said with concern.

"Well... What do we have to lose anyway?"

The submarine stopped by the entrance, which was sealed shut. However, they came prepared for that too. From the bottom of the submarine, a missile appeared, swimming to the big metal doors. Upon contact, it exploded in a fiery show, the doors falling off and apart.

"I can't believe you built this shit in 2 weeks." Callie said.

"Yeah, well, I'm good like that." Marina said with a smile, as she piloted it into the facility and powered it down. She then turned to look at Sheldon. "I had some help as well."

Everyone stood up, preparing their weapons like they were in the official military, as Cap'n Cuttlefish stood up to remind them of the orders.

"Alright, as a reminder. This is a search and rescue mission and an assault mission. Bridgett, you are tasked with finding Jessica, and, if she resists, defeat her. Marina and Sheldon, your job is to find the source of the readings and report back to us. Everyone else is tasked with finding Tartar. You will likely be met with Octarian forces, but I have faith Dylan and Bridgett will have no issues with them. Oh yeah... and watch Dylan's back because he may be a little nonflexible thanks to his injury."