Prologue

POPPY: (V.O.) Once upon a time... In a happy forest, in the happiest tree... (The book opens as we see a tree full of pods and the words spell "Happy" on top of it.) Lived the happiest creatures the world has ever known. The Trolls. (We see the Trolls inside the pods looking out of the window. They chatter for the goodies they want. The page turns as the 4 Trolls are seen singing, dancing and hugging.) They loved nothing more than to sing, and dance, and hug.

One by one, the yellow Trolls starts singing, the red Troll starts dancing, and two Trolls started hugging as Poppy repeated the same thing she says and the red Troll starts panting and falls down. On the next page a Troll starts singing in the tree until a Bergen comes by.

POPPY: (V.O.) But then one day, the Trolls are discovered by... A Bergen! (On the next page, the Bergens are in Bergen Town feeling unhappy.) The Bergens didn't know how to sing... (The Bergens sing off-key.) or dance... (They kick themselves) or even hug.

A Bergen pulls the underwear out of the other Bergen's pants.

POPPY: (V.O.) They were the most miserable creatures in all the land. A cloud comes by and starts raining. And once they saw how happy the Trolls were... they wanted some of that happiness for themselves.

A Trolls starts dancing on the tree and the Bergen pops up as the Troll sings. The Bergen then eats the Troll.

TROLL: Oh, my god!

POPPY: (V.O.) Eating a Troll made them feel so happy... They started a tradition. (A giant cage surrounds the Troll Tree and a gray town is formed around it.) Once a year, every year... The Bergens would gather around the Troll Tree... To taste happiness... On a holiday they called... Trollstice.

On the next page the Bergens gather around to the Troll Tree.

(INT. BERGEN TOWN – GRISTLE HOUSE – HALLWAY – DAY)

in to the Gristle House a green Bergen who's riding a bike that wears a crown, green hair, red cape with black and white spots on the outside and wears underpants. This is Prince Gristle Jr. He is riding around the halls and up the stairs in his bike on his way to his father's room.

(INT. KING GRISTLE SR.'S ROOM)

Then, we see his daddy's room where his daddy is sleeping. He bursts inside, crushing the pet's back, and lands on his daddy.

"Daddy, wake up!" He goes to his father's eye and pulls it open. "Daddy, wake up! Wake up!" His father's eyes open up. "Wake up, daddy!" He goes to his ears as he whispers. "Wake up, daddy. He jumps on the bed. "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy, wake up!"

He pulls his father's chest hair out of his chest. His father screams and pulls him up.

"Gristle! What time is it?" He let go of the chest hair. "It's Trollstice!" King Gristle said.

"Trollstice! Our one day to be happy!" The king said.

"Yeah!" Prince Gristle said.

Every Bergen in the kingdom gathered around the caged Troll Tree chanting.

Trolls! Trolls! Trolls! Trolls! Trolls! Trolls!

The cooks were preparing the barbeques with lighter fluid as a figure rose from the ground.

"Please give it up for your Keeper of the Trolls... Your Minister of Happiness... Your Royal Chef... She turns around to face the crowd. "Me." She raises her two knives, a cooking knife and a butcher knife as everyone awes in excitement.

"Ooh!" Prince Gristle said. Chef uses her knives to light up the barbeques, causing a massive fire to erupt throughout the whole town. Everyone cheers. "This is a very special Trollstice, as there is one amongst us who has never tasted a Troll." Chef said. She points to Prince Gristle. "Ooh, me! She's talking about me!" He said. "Prince Gristle..." King places his son on the flat part of the staff. "The time has come." "It's okay, son. I remember being nervous my first time." The king said.

Prince Gristle gave his dad two thumbs up. "Okay." He said. The King returns the thumbs up. "That's my boy." He said. Chef places Prince Gristle on the ground. "It is my sacred duty to initiate you in the ways of true happiness." Chef said.

(INT. TROLL TREE CAGE)

Prince Gristle and Chef go to the Troll Tree which is full of pods. "I have chosen an extra-special Troll, just for you." She opens the pink pod and grabs the Troll that has light blue hair. "The happiest, most positive, sweetest Troll of all. And because every prince deserves a princess, I give you the one they call Princess Y/N." Chef said. Prince Gristle takes the Troll. "Please, make me happy, Princess Y/N." He said. He eats the Troll. "What are you feeling?" Chef asked. Prince Gristle makes a disgusted face and spits the Troll out. "That one's rotten!" Prince Gristle said. Chef takes the Troll, but it wasn't a real Troll, it was a fake Troll. Prince Gristle taps the Troll's head. "It's fake?" Chef asked. "Fake?!" The Bergens asked. "Fake?!" The king asked. Out of anger, Chef kicks the tree, causing all of the fake Trolls to come falling down. "They're gone?" Prince Gristle asked. "Where are they?" The king asked. "Don't worry, sire." She summons three of her cooks. "We'll find them." The Bergen chefs and Prince Gristle listen on the ground. "I think I hear something!" Prince Gristle said.

(INT. UNDERGROUND TUNNEL)

Under the ground, we see a Troll that has orange skin, dark pink and light pink hair tied up on a flower crown, and wears a blue jacket and green pants while holding a torch. This is King Peppy leading the Trolls. "Go! Go!" King Peppy said. The Trolls pass up a pink baby and light blue baby to each other. "We got Poppy and Y/N!" "Pass them to me!" "Here comes Poppy and Y/N!" "Here they are!" Trolls said as they each passed Poppy and Y/N down the roll of trolls. You and Princess Poppy are passed up to King Peppy. "Ah! There are my princesses. "Dada!" Poppy said. Poppy laughed and giggled. A Troll runs over to King Peppy. "King Peppy, some of the others can't keep up." King Peppy runs and shouts. "No Troll left behind!" King Peppy covers the puddles with pieces of clothing until he got to his underwear. "Thank you, King Peppy!" "Thank you, King Peppy!" "Thank you!" He lifts a boulder that was in the way. "Thank you, King Peppy." King Peppy carries injured Trolls on his back while shouting. "No Troll left behind!"

All of a sudden, a shovel goes through the tunnel. While King Peppy has his underwear caught on the axe, the Trolls are formed into a ball while the Bergens dig the holes. In slow motion, King Peppy throws the Trolls and the Trolls roll off. In normal motion, the Trolls roll onto bumpy roads as they're on their way out. The Trolls have un-formed their ball as they have fallen. "Where is he?" A troll asked. A Troll limps over to the opening of the tunnel. "I don't think King Peppy made it." He said. King Peppy suddenly comes out of the tunnel. "When I say no Troll left behind... I mean, no Troll left behind!" After he comes out of the tunnel, he is shown naked as the Trolls cheer. "King Peppy, where are Princess Poppy and Princess Y/N?" A kid troll asked. "Don't worry, they're safe." He said. He pulls apart his hair where you and Poppy are. "No Troll left behind!" You said. "Aw." The trolls said. "But, we'll be a lot safer the further we get from Bergen Town." King Peppy said. The Trolls started walking home. "Go! Go! Hurry!" King Peppy said.