The Ugly Truth

The sun has risen and you and Branch are sitting in the front of the raft. Poppy is steering the raft and Hickory was singing a song.

Hickory: I fall to pieces. How can I be just your friend.

Plants: just your friend

Branch laid down as he sighed. After a few seconds, Hickory came over and looked down at Branch. "Something tells me your heart ain't in this mission, Branch." Hickory said. "What do you mean? I'm here, aren't I?" Branch asked as Hickory helped him up. "Yeah, you're on a mission, alright, but your heart is with Miss Y/N." Hickory said. "Hey, hold your horses." Branch said. Branch then realized what he said. "I'm sorry, is that offensive?" He asked. "Not as offensive as you thinking I can't see what's right in front of my eyes. Did you tell her yet?" Hickory asked as he sat down next to Branch. "I tried, but..." Branch said before imitating an explosion.

"Well, if you did tell her, who knows if she'd even hear you?" Hickory said. "What do you mean by that?" Branch asked. "Well, let's just say only one of you is doing the listening in this relationship, and it's not her." Hickory said. Branch stayed quiet. "It's you." Hickory said. "Yeah. I got that. Thanks." Branch said sarcastically. "Uh, guys?" Poppy asked. You looked ahead and see a giant UFO. "What in buttered biscuits?!" Hickory asked. A few bubbles came towards you. You got put in one while Branch and Hickory got put in one and Poppy got put in one as well. You floated into the UFO, and the UFO flew off. All of you go up a tube. You looked around to see a city inside the UFO.

All of you made it to the end of the tube. You and Poppy landed softly on the ground while Branch and Hickory fall to the ground. You looked around. "Welcome to Vibe City. You are cordial guests of Prince Cooper." A voice said. You looked over to see someone that looked like cooper. But he had a few differences. "Cooper?! What are you doing here?!" You asked in shock. "Actually, I'm over here." Cooper said. You looked to the other side to see Cooper.

"What?" Poppy asked confused as she looked at them. "Bacon-wrapped hot dogs!" Hickory said. "Okay. Maybe all the jazz hasn't left my brain yet." Branch said as he hit his head. "It turns out I'm actually from Vibe City, just like my twin brother." Cooper said. "I'm Prince D. What's poppin?" Prince D asked. "How it this possible?" You asked. "Well, it's a very complicated story. When we were both babies, my egg got snatched out of the nest. Mom and Dad looked everywhere, but they couldn't find me, so you guys raised me as one of your own. And then when I went out to go find other Trolls like me, my mom and Dad finally found me. I guess it wasn't too complicated." Cooper said.

Two Funk Trolls enter the room. "Oh. Poppy, Y/N, I want you to meet the King and Queen of Funk." Cooper said as he and Prince D walked up to their sides. "King Quincy and Queen Essence." Prince Cooper said. "My mom and dad." Cooper added. "Wow, Cooper. You look just like your dad." Poppy said. "Yeah, that must be why he's so good-looking." King Quincy said. "Was that a dad joke? It was lame!" Cooper said. Cooper and his family laughed. "Well, so that means you're a Funk Troll?" You asked. "You don't have to be just one thing. I'm Pop and Funk." Cooper said. "Or maybe you're Hip-Hop, like me." Prince D said. "Hip-Hop?" Poppy asked. Poppy then grabbed her map and looked at it. "Yeah. I think your map is a bit outdated." Prince D said. "Oh, he's right. Look at that. It still has Disco." Branch said as he looked at the map. Poppy put her map away.

"Well, Your Majesties, we need your help to save all music from Queen Barb. If we combine our music, she'll see that music unites all Trolls and that we're all the same and that she's one of us!" You said. King Quincy and Queen Essence looked at each other and then back to you. "Y/N, I mean no disrespect, but king to princess, anything but that." King Quincy said. "Why not?" Poppy asked. Cooper and his family led all of you into another room. "Let's tell them how it was, Prince D." King Quincy said. "Long ago, our world was without song or dance. Then the Trolls found the strings, and life was one big party." Prince D said. You looked ahead to see a guitar with a purple string. It was the funk string. "Oh, yeah. we've heard this story before." You said. "That is, until the Pop Trolls tried to steal our strings." Prince D said. "Steal your strings? That's not what it said in our scrapbooks." Poppy said. "Scrapbooks? Those are cut out, glued, and glittered by the winners. Let me tell you how it really went down." Prince D said. Music started to play and Prince D started to sing.

Prince D, King Quincy, and Queen Essence started to dance while they continued to sing.
King Quincy, Queen Essence: At first, it was all love. Hands up, superstar love.
Prince D: Stars up.
King Quincy, Queen Essence: Then you can have it, you can have it all love.
Prince D: And you can get it all you want.
King Quincy, Queen Essence: But then you took it, took it all love.
Prince D: Turn the music up, come on.
Queen Essence: Turn it up louder.
King Quincy: Sing along, get the crowd up.
Prince D: I get the crowd up, come on.
King Quincy, Queen Essence: But then you took it all love.
Prince D: Took it all love, come on.
King Quincy, Queen Essence: Oh, but it's all love.
More Funk Trolls came over and started to dance with King Quincy, Queen Essence, and Prince D.
King Quincy, Queen Essence, Prince D, Funk Trolls: I feel you. Sounds good in my ear when I hear it like that. I feel you, I say I look good to the mirror. And it says it right back. I feel you. A little love wouldn't kill you. A little love wouldn't kill you. You really did me wrong, it was real cruel. It was real cruel.Had a lot of love and I still do. Because I feel you.
Prince D: Next morning, the elders were on it. They saw the warning signs, couldn't ignore it. Had to figure out to save the way of life. They had made, so they made a play. The Pop Trolls were coming for it all. All for one and one for all, so the only way we saw. There was one thing left to be done. And said, "Run!"

"And the Trolls never lived in harmony again." King Quincy said. "So the Trolls lived in isolation because of what Pop did?" You asked with shock. "Pop tried to destroy our music." Queen Essence said. "Just like Barb is trying to do." Branch said. "We can make it right. History's just gonna keep repeating itself until we make everyone realize that we're all the same." Poppy said. "But we are not all the same." King Quincy said. "It's why all our strings are different. Because they reflect our different music." Queen Essence said." Denying our differences is denying the truth of who we are." King Quincy said. "We hadn't though of it like that." You said. Suddenly an alarm went off. "Rock has arrived! It's on!" Prince D said. "Prepare for battle!" King Quincy said. You all started following Cooper out of the room. "I'm gonna make sure you get to safety." Cooper said as he spawns two bubbles. Hickory was in one and you, Poppy and Branch shared one. You started to float out of the UFO.

"No. No! Let us help you! Cooper!" Poppy said. "Y/N!" Poppy yelled. "Poppy!" You said as her bubble floated away. "Uh, Y/N?" Branch asked. You watched as you saw the rock trolls fly over. "Rock on!" Barb said. "No! We have to get back down there. There's still hope. We can still fix this" you said as you tried to push the bubble toward the UFO. "Y/N, enough!" Branch said. You turned around to face him. "I've listened to you and I've done it your way, and now it's your turn to listen. It's time to get back home." Branch said. "I'm not like you. I can't just give up." You said. "Give up? I want to protect our friends and family." Branch said. "I can't go home until I've proven myself as a good princess." You said. "So that's what this is really all about?" Branch asked. "Why are you so upset?" You asked. "Because your dad was right and Biggie was right and Queen Essence was right. And we've been backing you up even when you ignore them. But you never listen to us." Branch said. "Branch, what are you talking about?" You asked.

"You want to be a good princess? Good princesses actually listen. You know what we heard back there? Differences do matter. Like you and me. We're too different to get along. Just like all the other Trolls." Branch said. The bubble that you are in land by a river and popped. It was quiet for a while. Branch started to walk away. "We are really different." You said. "So different." Branch said as he stopped walking. "Completely out of harmony." You said. "Completely." Branch said. "I don't even know why we're friends." You said. "Neither do I!" Branch said. Branch had a pained expression on his face before leaving. "So then, why do I care about you, more than anybody else in the world?" He asked. Your eyes widened. "Weird, right?" Branch asked, then he walked away.

Branch
🎵 I know your favorite song 🎵
🎵 I hear it every day 🎵
🎵 Whoever made your smile 🎵
🎵 Made it to get in my way 🎵
🎵 And every time you laugh 🎵
🎵 You make that little sound 🎵
🎵 It's just the hardest thing 🎵
🎵 To love you but not know how 🎵
🎵 I hate that you're perfect 🎵
🎵 You're perfect for me 🎵

You & Branch:
🎵 What good are words 🎵
🎵 When they always just get in our way? 🎵
🎵 And it hurts the most 🎵
🎵 Just to know that you don't feel the same 🎵
🎵 The same 🎵

You & Branch:
🎵 And I hate that you're perfect 🎵
🎵 You're perfect for me 🎵

Branch :
🎵 Yeah, yeah, yeah 🎵

You & Branch:
🎵 I hate that you're perfect 🎵
🎵 You're perfect for me 🎵