14. Revelare

RILEY

I woke up to the smell of delicious food tickling my nose and filling my lungs. My mouth watered before I even had a chance to open my eyes. I felt like one of those cartoon characters that get dragged out of bed by the food scent. This was real life though, so I needed to freshen up and get dressed before I made my way down. Sure, I contemplated making my way to the kitchen naked but I didn't want to risk someone walking in on a naked woman at their Alpha's house. Plus, I knew it would just end up in some dirty sex on top of the kitchen table and I wanted to avoid that.

Last night was insanely hot- we tried every position and every corner of his bedroom...and bathroom. 6 orgasms later though, it was time to get back to reality which was already knocking on the door with all the worried text messages that I was getting from Lucien, Anna and Connor.

Reality can wait a bit longer, I thought to myself when I entered the dining room and saw an amazingly laid out breakfast table with a stack of steamy pancakes, freshly-squeezed orange juice and aromatic double espresso, all waiting there for me to devour them. This man would make a woman very happy one day.

"I thought you didn't do promises? A woman can get the wrong impression like that!", I said as I sat down while he came out of the kitchen with the toppings for the pancakes, wearing nothing but his boxer shorts. I would gladly have him for breakfast, with a bit of honey just to sweeten my meal even more, but I had to behave.

"I thought you aren't like most women?" Touché! "Can't a guy be a gentleman without that implying that he wants something more?" he raised an eyebrow at me but he didn't actually let me to reply. "And good morning to you too, by the way. Shame that you are all dressed already- we didn't get to test this table", he whispered in my ear and I could feel my core tingle.

"Yes, well- reality awaits. And unless you want the Blackwood Pack to come looking for me soon, I'll need you to give me a lift back to our grounds once we are done here." It took a lot of my strength to turn him down! I nearly felt like patting myself on the back for how good I was being. Plus, I really was starving for food.

"So, you are a Moreau. What's your relation to Alpha Moreau exactly?" Callum asked as I scoffed down the pancakes that he had served me.

"His long lost sister, duh!" I said with a joking tone.

"The sister that no one knew what happened to her?"

"That would be the one. Back from the dead, so to speak, to bite the people who destroyed her family in the arse."

If Callum was surprised by who I was, he didn't give it away. "If half of the stories I have heard about your mother from my parents and the sleuth elders are true, you are every bit as headstrong and charming as your mother!"

"So I keep on hearing!" I gave him a small smile.

"So what happened to your wolf then? Why can't I sense it?"

"That's a story for another day, Callum. Can we not ruin the end to a great night?"

He caressed one of my cheeks with his finger before he ran his thumb over my lips. "Sure, beautiful! I must admit, I didn't expect to have such a grand time when my guys dragged me to that pub yesterday. Animal or not, you are a pretty impressive woman, Riley Moreau!"

As we pulled up in front of the Blackwood mansion an hour later, I could see Lucien and Connor walk towards us. I removed my helmet and passed it back to Callum.

"I'm sorry", I said hastily.

"For what?"

"For what is probably about to come. I think my brother is trying to make up for the lost years with his over-protectiveness." Callum chuckled and I failed to see what was so funny.