4.3

tw: gore (kind of)

(its not too bad cause im not that good at detailed descriptions but in case you don't like that!)

shoutout to an anonymous reader (they didn't want to be named) for making this cover!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Chapter 43

A L D R I C

    I love him. Her words repeated in my head over and over again. I love him. I love him. She begged me to save his life - here eyes were pleading, despite the answer. I swallowed my anger and balled my hands into fists, the anger cutting through me. How did you meet him? Did you always know him? Was he the reason you left?

    I had so many questions to ask her but they all seemed useless. The ache in my heart wanted to stop. Why would it matter? She loved someone else. She left and fell in love with someone else. Why would it matter why she left two years ago when it was clear she was no longer mine? Maybe she never was.

She loved him enough to beg for his life. I ignored the stabbing pain in my chest.

    Your Moon Goddess made a mistake.

    Maybe the pain of Svesta was better than this. The moon was hidden well enough in the clouds. I wanted to look at her, wanted to ask the Moon Goddess if Elysia punishment or my salvation. What was the point of giving me a mate when she would never accept me?

    You'll always be hers. My wolf whispered.

    Force her to stop. I hissed at myself but I couldn't do it. Despite the anger I had seen in her eyes, she kissed me like she needed me. She kissed me roughly enough, passionately enough that I couldn't believe there was nothing left between us. Even when she walked away, she clung to my shirt and wrapped it around her figures tightly. I knew she was shivering and I wanted to beg her to stop.

At least let me take you back safely. At least let me keep you warm. Her moral body might get sick, I realized. The rain was cold.

What happened to us, Elysia?

I love him, she had answered.

The stabbing pain was back and I shut it out. It was beginning to feel like nothing - like an empty gap in my chest. I wasn't sure what was worse - the emptiness or the pain.

Yet, I had asked for one thing - one thing - save Lukas' mate and she defied me. I had begged her and she still refused. I balled my hands into fists again.

The pain in Lukas' eyes flashed before me. I couldn't do this to him; I had a way to save his mate - It was my responsibility to help my mate.

    I couldn't do this to her either.