Chapter 26

Hey guys sorry for not posting, I was caught up with so much of work that it was really difficult to write a chapter! But here I am !!!
Let's start! ❤️

________________________________

(Shehnaz PoV)

A week has passed by and there's still no news of finding that cave of anything like that.
It's really difficult than we thought.
Due to some urgency Crown prince had to rush back to the palace, while I am now walking back my way to the palace.
Suddenly my eyes fell on a scene, and I stopped.

A family was getting a little girl ready for her marriage with some old man, and if I say old then it's like a REALLY OLD MAN!
A wave of disgust filled me and I looked at the scene and quickly went there.
One of the woman recognised me and hugged me.
She said, Acha hua tum bhi aagyi aap hum milkar sajayange isko!
I stared at her and then said, Yeh galat nahi lagta aaapko?
All the woman stopped working and suddenly started to laugh and said Tum theek ho?

I glared at alll of them and said, Aap log theek hai? Aap kaise itni Choti si bachi ki shadi itne bade insaan ke saath karva sakti hai? Insaaniyat Haai aapmein ki nahi? Kyuki Mamta toh bilkul nahi hai aap logo mein!
All the woman looked at me and the bride's mother said, Tumhe kya lagta hai hume yaha kuch bolne diya jata hai? Jo humare pati aur samaj bolta hai vahi hota hai!
I intervened and said, YEH SAB ISSLEYE HOTA HAI KYUKI AAP LOG YEH SAB HONE DETE HAIN! Ek baar awaz uthakar toh dekhiye! Aap logo ko zara si bhi Sharam nahi aati ki iss Choti bacha ka kya hoga? Iski zindagi toh aap logo ne pehle hi khatam kardi..!

Suddenly I was grabbed by someone and pushed hard on the floor.
Even though I was wearing a veil I could see its the father of the bride.
He shouted, Tum yaha humari aurto ko bhadka rahi ho? Aapni aukat mein raho! Pata bhi kya hai tumhe Haan? Ladki hai humari isse jyada kya futi kismat ho sakti hai humari? Par bhala ho iss admi ka jo bina koi dahej liye isse apna rakha hai!

I got up in anger and shouted, Pehle yeh toh baataye inke khud ke paas kitne din hai?
Suddenly I was slapped across the face HARD.
I fisted my hands not to hit the person back because i couldn't let my identity out.
It was some other man who shouted, Himaat kaise hui tumhari aisa hume Seth ji ke bare mein bolne ki!
I caressed my bruised cheek a little and said, Abhi bhi Bahut himat hai mere andar, HILA KAR DIKHAAO TUMHARI DUNIYA KHATAM KARDUNGI. Main ek aurat Hun, aur main apni aankhe nahi bandh kar sakti yeh sab dekhkar! Ek baar Socha hai ki kya hoga iss nanhi si jaan ka jisko shadi ka matlab bhi nahi pata aur use itne GHINHONE kaam karvayenge jayenge? Aur fir baaki puri zindagi vidhwa? Kyun???????

The father said, Toh Tum dogi dahej?
I said, HAAN! Agar yeh iss bachi ko bachati hai toh Haan!
Suddenly the twin brother of Arvind kerjiwal urf the old man Coughingly said, TUM EK BACHALAN AURAT HO JO SABKE DIMAG MEIN ZEHER GHOL RAHI HO! Tumhe toh patharo se marna chhaiye kyuki tum humaree samaj ko galat raste par le jaa rahi ho!

Suddenly a man threw a stone at me and it hit my forehead, I winced and felt hot liquid down my forehead. I was trying hard to control myself, because if I start to retaliate then I would legit kill all of these men in one go.
Suddenly I was thrown more stones on me and I tried to shield myself. Well i can't even explain the how much I was horrified and scared with the fact that anyone who tried to raise their voice had to face this. THIS.

The women standing there got in Between me and the men and said, Bachi hai maaf kardein! Jaisa aap log bolenge Vaise hi hoga!
Some of them were convincing while one turned back and whispered, Mat kar Aisa beta! Yehi kismat hai humari! Aur dekho kitna khoon beh raha hai! I said, Nahi dadi sa kismat toh badalni hogi..

I looked at the little girl who was dressed in the red clothes crying looking at me and continuesly shaking her head as a no and joining her hands refusing me to do anything.
I closed my eyes, and thought.
God has sent me here in this century for a reason, it's not to enjoy the royal life.. it's to make a change and I would do that!
I smiled and went towards the girl and quickly picked up the little girl in my arms and protected her with my duppata and shouted, MAIN ISSKI SHADI NAHI HONE DUNGI!
Suddenly the women were pushed aside and I felt a rain of hard stones on me. Not so big but big enough to bruise and bleed my whole body.
I was getting a bit dizzy but I had to keep my eyes open.

Suddenly I saw the royal guards running in this direction and said, Kya horrha hai yeh sab? Sab chalo ab Maharaja ke paas..

(Sidharth pov)

Me and my father were discussing about the new war possibilities when a guard came running inside the special court room and said, Gaaon mein ek aurat par patharo se Barish horrhi hain.
Suddenly my heart clenched and I DIDNT know why.
My father asked everyone on that scene to be present right now.

First a set of men came in. All dressed up as if it was some marriage?
An old man came in wearing the groom outfits, it was peculiar though but I thought to ignore it. My father said,Hua kya hai?
One of the man said, Hum humari bachi ki shadi karva rahe they aram se aur ek bachalan aurat Ati hai aur kehti hai yeh shadi nahi hogi! Yeh galat hai aur yeh sab! Ki ladki kitni choti hai aur usska kya hoga!

She ain't saying wrong though.
I said, Bachi ki umar kya hai?
The man proudly said, 5 saal.
My eyes widened, does this really happen? I looked at my father who had a straight face as if this was coming.
My father asked all the woman including that woman to come in.

A crowd of woman came while my eyes searched for the woman who got hurt.
She was inside the crowd and I couldn't see her by my heart was beating so damn fast.
I said, Ab baataye Kya hua tha?
One of the oldest woman looked at us with tears and said, pehli baar ek aurat sach ka saath de rahi thi yuvraj aur kya hoga usske saath ussko pathhar se mara hai?
Another woman said, Hum kabhi khud ke liye nahi bol paaye par us aurat ne meri bachi ke liye bola! Hey bhagwan Hum kya paap kar rahe they!
Then another woman spoke up, Chahe isske baad humare pati humare mare par, Yeh sach mein galat hai aur uss aurat ne hume himmat di! Bachi ko iss umar mein khelna chhaiye aur ve iss umar mein Grehsati kaise basa Legi?
Aaj pehli baar himmat ayi hai Yuvraj, hum yeh nahi dekh sakte hota hua.

I said, Uss aurat ko bulao!
I heard the payals and suddenly my breath stopped.
THERE SHE WAS IN A YELLOW SAREE WHICH WAS DRENCHED IN HER BLOOD WHILE HER FACE WAS COVERED AND SHE HELD THE BABY TIGHT.

I GROWLED.

I quickly marched towards her and held the baby in my hand and whispered yelled at her and said, SHEHNAZ YEH AAPNE KYA KIYA?
She said, Aapko pata haina Crown prince ki humari kitni gandi aadat hai hum kuch gaalat hota nahi dekh sakte..
I slowly picked her veil up in a way that no one could see, and my eyes started to burn, my body was turning hot as if someone set my soul on fire.
Her face was covered with blood dripping off.
Bruises every where!

I started to breath heavily as my hand went to my sword and I wanted to cut their throats this instant, HOW THE HELL CAN THEY HURT MY SHEHNAZ? I WILLL KILL THEM!
I looked back at my father who gave me a strange look, I could understand because he thought I was caring for some other woman.
I communicated with my eyes saying that I will explain you later.

I glared at all the men and said, AAPKI HIMMAT KAISE HUI AISE AURAT PAR PATHAR MARNE KI?
My father was also visibily boiling, he shouted too and said, HUMNE KAANOON BANAYA THA KI KOI APNE HAATH MEIN KANOON NAHI LEGA PEHLE VOH YAHA AYGA! Kiska SUJAV THA YEH?

The men were shaking under our anger and one of the men slowly said, Seth ji ka!
I looked at the old groom shaking in fear.
I fisted my hands tightly and said, AAPKE PAAS DIMAAG HAI? Ek-
Suddenly I saw that the baby was about to fall from her hand, I quickly held that baby and put her down.

Then I looked at her and she whispered, hume aap par pura bharosa hai ki aap humaree dard ko barbad nahi hone dene Sidharth.
Sidharth.
That was the first time she said my name, I always craved for her to say my name as right now I felt so many current through me but not like this...

Suddenly she held her head and landed on my arms and my WORLD FROZE.

*****************

some serious chapters here!
I am so proud of you Shehnaz!!
Well what would happen? Would she change the ill practices or not?

If you liked it then pls comment and vote love u guys❤️❤️🥰🥰