Substitute Lover: 7

Yan Xiuying was just about to walk up to Jing Yi when Jian Min suddenly grabbed her arm. She hid her vicious glare and asked innocently, "What is it Min-ge?"

"Our parents are calling us." He said pointing towards them. Yan Xiuying wanted to explode right there but the guests around them stopped her from doing so. She inwardly cursed. 'Why is nothing going my way?!'

"Oh, let's go then!" Yan Xiuying spoke happily, maintaining her facade while grabbing onto Jian Min's arm.

She then reluctantly began walking with Jian Min towards where their parents were but didn't forget to turn around to give Jing Yi one last fierce glare.

But this time Jing Yi was looking straight at her. 

Yan Xiuying was caught unprepared and instantly looked away from shock. She didn't see her, did she?

She slowly turned her head back once again only to find Jing Yi conversing with Chen Li.

Did she imagine it?

"What's wrong Ying'er?" Jian Min asked worriedly seeing Yan Xiuying spacing out. Yan Xiuying was immediately brought back to her senses and nervously stuttered, scared that she would be caught in her act.

"Eh? Um, nothing." She laughed nervously. "Let's walk faster, we don't want to keep them waiting."

"Alright..." Jian Min replied skeptically but didn't continue to probe any further.

[Bleh!]

Zhenzhen stuck it's tongue out at Yan Xiuying's retreating back.

[She definitely lives up to her status as the villainess, did you see how she was glaring at you host? Shameless!]

The little system complained as it rested atop of Jing Yi's shoulder.

'Um.' Jing Yi replied without a sign of interest in her eyes.

[Host you are so naive, Yan Xiuying probably holds a grudge against you now.]

Zhenzhen sighed.

[But don't fret too much! I'll definitely protect you.]

Zhenzhen declared proudly, but in just the next second, the little white ball fell off Jing Yi's shoulder.

[Wahhh!]

Jing Yi caught the little system in her palms and caressed it softly. 

'Okay.' She replied, her eyes much softer and more gentle as opposed to her state of indifference from before.

The system although embarrassed happily nuzzled up against Jing Yi's hands.

 The peaceful moment was interrupted by Chen Li grabbing one of Jing Yi's hands and intertwining their fingers.

Zhenzhen immediately scowled at Chen Li. It was in such a comfortable position too!

Jing Yi stared curiously at Chen Li. He coughed and said casually, "This is so we don't get separated." 

But Zhenzhen didn't buy it. Hmph! What does he mean get separated? That was just an excuse to take advantage of my pure host who is clueless when it comes to these matters! And he almost whacked me off too!

The system then decided it was not going to help it's host understand Chen Li's feelings. 

Jing Yi didn't notice the little system's anger and nodded while tightly securing their hands.

Unbeknownst to them, this scene was caught entirely in their parent's eyes.

Qiu Fushen angrily looked in helplessness as Chen Li held hands with his daughter. He thought he could have his daughter to himself, at least until Qiu Yi was 18, before she had a boyfriend but looking at the pair holding hands...