Substitute Lover: 11

"J-Jian Min?!" Yan Xiuying cried out shakily, attracting the attention of both Jian Min and Bai Feng.

"...Huh? Ying'er? Is that you?" Jian Min said in shock, his eyes wide open.

As the plot went in the original timeline, Yan Xiuying rushed forward to Jian Min and immediately began to shout, "How could you do this to me?!" She pointed at Bai Feng who looked bewildered and yelled, "You decided to go for someone like her?"

"What's so special about this girl anyway?" Yan Xiuying said viciously as she grasped Bai Feng's chin, allowing her nails to dig into Bai Feng's skin. 

"Ouch! Stop it, who even are you?!" Bai Feng yelped with a pained expression. 'Is this girl insane?! How could Jian Min know someone like her?'

"Ha!" Yan Xiuying let out a haughty huff as she examined Bai Feng's facial features. "Is this supposed to be my replacement?"

Bai Feng's eyes widened and her face turned pale as she took a closer look at Yan Xiuying. Yan Xiuying had very similar features to her, the only difference was Yan Xiuying's glossy, clear skin and the arrogant air she was emitting, both features her spoilt upbringing had nurtured.

'Am I a substitute?' Bai Feng thought as a sense of dread washed over her. She turned to look at Jian Min only to find him completely and utterly flabbergasted. He turned to look at her and opened his mouth to seemingly say something, only to close his mouth again.

Bai Feng's heart shattered at that moment and the tears began rolling down. 'Was everything a lie?' She thought. 'He never truly loved me? He only treated me as a substitute for his true love?' 

Every thought made her chest ache in pain. 'So all the times we spent together, he was seeing me as someone else? All those sweet nothings and tender kisses, they weren't for me?'

"What? You're crying?" Yan Xiuying questioned disdainfully and quickly moved away from Bai Feng as if she had something contagious. "I should be the one crying! I can't believe my fiance would cheat on me with an inferior substitute!" Yan Xiuying shrieked hatefully.

Bai Feng wiped her tears and glared at both Jian Min and Yan Xiuying with her swollen eyes. "I-I refuse to be a substitute! I can't believe you would do this!" She yelled, putting on her best angry look, even though it felt like she would break at any second. She quickly turned around and ran away as she felt more tears dripping down her face.

"W-Wait!" Jian Min called out. "Bai Feng!" He said, almost desperately, shocking Yan Xiuying and even himself. 

"Min-ge?! You're seriously calling out for her? Yan Xiuying said in disbelief. "I am your fiancee!" She shouted as she began moving closer to Jian Min.

Jian Min on the other hand was in shock and confusion. He couldn't believe that everything had gone downhill so fast. He couldn't believe that Yan Xiuying, Ying'er, his sweet fiancee, could be so vicious. He saw the nail marks on Bai Feng's chin that were clearly made by his fiancee, he heard her speaking in a disdainful tone to Bai Feng, he heard her accusing him of cheating on her as if she wasn't the one who cut him off in the first place, he just couldn't believe it.

'Was this the girl I grew up with?' Jian Min thought as he stared at Yan Xiuying's vicious expression.

And...

His chest felt extremely painful and strangely empty as if he had just lost something important. Jian Min raised a hand to his chest. 'How could I be so stupid? This is all my fault.'

Yan Xiuying stared at Jian Min in disbelief. She had left Jian Min so decisively without any worries because she was certain that he would not be able to get over her. She was convinced that he would always be there at her every beckon and call, just like he always had been.