Substitute Lover: 12

They arrived to see Bai Feng and Jian Min in the midst of a quarrel. Jian Min was holding Bai Feng's arm to prevent her from leaving while Bai Feng was attempting to wrestle her arm out of his grip.

"Jian Min! Let go of me!" Bai Feng cried. "I'll call the police!" 

Despite her threats, Jian Min continued to hold onto her arm and pleaded desperately, "Wait, Bai Feng, just let me explain."

"No! What more do you have to say?" She questioned. "Just let go alread- ouch!" Bai Feng winced in pain and looked at the tight grip on her arm. "Don't you think you've hurt me enough?" She glared, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"O-Oh, sorry." Jian Min stuttered in shock as he released his grip on her. He stared at his hands in dismay and watched helplessly as Bai Feng tearfully ran away once again.

"Hmm." A voice suddenly sounded from beside Jian Min making him jump. He turned to see Jing Yi curiously observing him with her loyal guard dog, Chen Li beside her. Unlike Jing Yi's curiosity, Chen Li seemed to be displaying slight annoyance.

'How long have they been there?' Jian Min thought slightly embarrassed but before he could say a word, Jing Yi beat him to it.

"I'm going to go follow her." Jing Yi declared, shocking both Jian Min and Chen Li and without waiting for another second, she began walking towards the direction Bai Feng had left in. She didn't get too far though as she felt a hand pull her back.

"Hey, hey. Slow down." Chen Li sighed while holding her arm. "Tell me exactly, why do you want to follow her?" He asked exasperated.

"Why?" Jing Yi repeated and tilted her head. "Hmm." She hummed. 'Zhenzhen said I'm not allowed to tell him about the missions....' She thought as she eyed the new pop-up.

[Mission:

- To reverse Qiu Yi's tragic fate: 1000 points

Side Missions:

- Help the female lead and male lead stay together: 250 points

*(Hint: Help clear up the misunderstandings between the two leads caused by Yan Xiuying by talking to the female lead and convincing her to hear out the male lead's side of the story.)*

- Make sure the villainess doesn't get a happy ending: 500 points]

She thought for a while before replying, "Just feel like it."

[...Host, that was the best reason you could think of? What about something nobler such as, 'I just can't stand to see people upset!']

'But I can stand to see people upset.' Jing Yi responded casually, making Zhenzhen choke.

"..." Chen Li was also just as exasperated as Zhenzhen was. He stared at Jing Yi before lifting one of his hands to his face wordlessly.

Jian Min thought Chen Li was about to get seriously mad for once and was prepared to step in but his thoughts were quickly stopped by the sound of a quiet but charming laugh. 

Chen Li chuckled as he slowly removed his hand from his face to reveal doting eyes, focused solely on the girl in front of him. "Of course you would say something like that." He smiled helplessly.

"Alright, let's go find Bai Feng." He reached out in an attempt to take her hand but unexpectedly, Jing Yi pulled her hand away from him. Chen Li's eyes widened and all of a sudden, the smile on his face vanished. He slowly moved his slightly darkened gaze upwards only to find Jing Yi pointing at Jian Min.

"No. You have to stay with him." Jing Yi commanded. 

The chilliness surrounding Chen Li disappeared and his lip twitched. Jian Min on the other hand felt shivers down his spine. Chen Li silently thought, 'why would I want to stay with that idiot?'