Substitute Lover: 15

Yan Xiuying stared at the conspicuous table sharply. Her so-called friends also looked at the table and chattered amongst themselves.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe Bai Feng is sitting there! Jian Min, Chen Li and Qiu Yi are from each of the big families and Bai Feng's just some country girl! It would make much more sense if you were there Ying'er." A girl snidely remarked.

"Ah! Look at her, she's clearly trying to suck up to Qiu Yi!" Another girl commented as the whole table turned to look at Bai Feng holding Jing Yi's hands and talking happily.

"As if being the third party in your relationship wasn't enough, she also has to get on the good sides of everyone else powerful huh?" The girl condemned loudly. "Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to seduce Chen Li as well."

"Of course, Chen Li won't be seduced by a slut like her. After all, if you were him, would you pick a beautiful rich girl or an ugly poor girl?" The other girl defended.

Yan Xiuying felt like her veins were about to pop out. Though those girls seemed like they were defending her, they were clearly making backhanded comments about her! 

They're basically announcing to everyone that Jian Min left her for Bai Feng with their loud tone. Furthermore, what do they mean Chen Li won't get seduced by Bai Feng because he has a 'beautiful rich girl?' Jian Min also had 'beautiful rich girl' and an 'ugly poor girl' and he chose the latter!

She was gone for a bit of time and this is how they treat her when she comes back? She still remembered two years ago, they were practically dogs licking at her feet and now because their master was gone for a while, they decided to misbehave? Well, she has no use for them anyway, their families are quite low and they're more of the 'all talk, no action' type.

'Besides.' Yan Xiuying stared at the only other girl that hadn't talked on the table. She had a plain face but her expression was dripping with venom. 'I've got a new person to use.'

Yan Xiuying then glanced at Qiu Yi. 'I also need her but she doesn't seem easy to persuade. I need to take more extreme action to get her on my side.' She smirked as a plan formulated in her head. 'Oh Bai Feng, you won't be prepared for the suffering you'll face.'

________________

[Host, host! Ask the leads how they resolved their argument, I need to know!] Zhenzhen begged. 

"I thought you guys were arguing." Jing Yi spoke straightforwardly. "How'd you guys resolve it?"

'So straight to the point.' Jian Min thought as he scratched his cheek. "Well..." He began but was suddenly interrupted by Bai Feng.

"I took your advice!" She said proudly. "My heart was telling me to go talk to him so I decided to. I went straight up to him and then slapped him!" She said reenacting the slap.

Jian Min hid his face behind his hands. 'She's really not leaving out any details, is she?' 

Jing Yi and Chen Li exchanged a glance that basically said  "?" 

[H-Huh?!] Zhenzhen gaped. [Is the male lead a masochist or something?] It instantly realised what it just said and avoided eye contact with its host.

'Zhenzhen, what's a masochist?' Jing Yi asked innocently.

[Ha-ha-ha, um, a person who enjoys pain.] The little system whispered, leaving out a few details, feeling like it was corrupting its host. 

'Oh.' Jing Yi nodded before staring at the fluff ball once again. 'Bai Feng said she slapped him, Zhenzhen, you lied to me. They were fighting when you showed them on screen.' She commented.