Substitute Lover: 10

Jing Yi had just finished class and was currently relaxing in the school garden. She watched as a little black cat curled up alongside her and closed its eyes. She curiously observed it for a few seconds before reaching her hand out to give it a pat.

Meanwhile, Zhenzhen glared at the cat furiously.

[Hmph! How dare that feline try to take my host away from me!]

The cat's ears perked up and it slowly opened its eyes to reveal a bright shade of orange. 

[Huh? Did you hear me?] Zhenzhen asked confusedly as it watched the cat seemingly eye the spot Zhenzhen was hovering above.

The cat then proceeded to yawn and turn the other way.

[Grrr! Host, that cat is definitely not normal. It could be a demon in disguise!]

'It's cute.' Jing Yi replied unbothered.

[But host! I'm still your favourite right? I'm much better than this demon cat!]

'Um.' Jing Yi responded.

[See! Why don't you just go away? Hmph.]

The system pouted as it desperately tried to shoo the cat away, only to remain completely unnoticed by the cat.

[Grrrrrr!!!]

[Ding!]

[...Eh? Host, host, the female lead and male lead are heading this way.]

"You know you didn't have to do that." A girly and high pitched voice pouted. "I can protect myself perfectly fine!"

"Of course you can, but I can't bear for you to get hurt you know?" A kind and soothing voice responded.

It was Bai Feng and Jian Min.

"Y-you!" Bai Feng stuttered with flushed cheeks. "How can you say that so calmly? Aren't you embarrassed?"

Jian Min held Bai Feng's chin up and gazed into her eyes deeply. "Why would I be embarrassed?" He questioned teasingly as he began leaning in towards her face.

Bai Feng stared into his eyes that were filled with mirth before closing her eyes and aggressively kissing him as a response to his teasing. Jian Min's eyes widened and he seemed to be in shock for a few seconds. His shock then gradually turned into happiness as he supported the back of Bai Feng's head with his palm to go in for a deeper kiss.

Jing Yi and Zhenzhen who were currently witnessing this scene: ...

The couple continued kissing one another intensely as if they were in their own little world.

[Kyaa! The leads are so daring!]

'What are they doing?' Jing Yi asked obliviously as she watched them make out.

[...No way host, you don't know what this is? You've never heard of kissing?!]

'Of course, I've heard of kissing.' Jing Yi replied with a resolute tone. 'But kissing is the action of a person's lips going into contact with another person's skin.'

'For example, someone would kiss another person on the cheek or on the forehead.' She continued, raising her finger to point at the places she mentioned. 'I've never heard of a person touching another person's lips with their own and exchanging saliva. Isn't that unsanitary?'

Zhenzhen gave Jing Yi a 'how can you be this oblivious look' and attempted to correct its host. [...Your explanation is correct but, but, haaaa] 

While Jing Yi waited patiently for Zhenzhen to explain, a loud meow interrupted the conversation between the exasperated system and the oblivious host. Both Zhenzhen and Jing Yi turned around to look at the cat, only to realize that the loud meow had not only attracted their attention alone.