Chapter 3

Ever since their mother had been sent to the mental institute, Enji Todoroki has been fixated on training his sons especially Touya, the oldest among the siblings.

Their father's training has been getting harsher and harsher that they even pass out most of the time. The twins training has been mellowed down since they just recently recuperated, especially Kusuo since he has the biggest burn.

At the training room.

"WHY?! Why are you doing this to us?! You know that I have a weak constitution and that the twins are still injured and young! We don't deserve this!" Touya pointed at the bodies of the twins lying down at the side, passed out from quirk overuse in training.

"Touya, this is for your own good. Didn't you see what happened to your youngest siblings? They got hurt because they let their guard down. They got hurt because they were not strong enough. That's how it is Touya. The strong rule while the weak perish. Touya, you have the potential to get stronger. Potential to be one of the strong. You just have to make your body stronger.  Why did you have to inherit the weak body of your mother?"

Touya was kneeling down on the floor in pain nearly depleting his quirk.

'I want to leave. I don't want to stay here anymore. Not with this father.'

Touya was planning on leaving tonight by making a fire in his room and make it seem that he died in there, burnt to ashes.

At night.

Touya was bringing only a few of his clothes and all of his money. He put all of the things he needed in his suitcase. He was standing at the window sill and put a fire on his bed and make the fire color red since red is the normal one, not blue.

He sprinted and ran to wherever he can go.

Looking back, Touya will miss his family. The twins and him have gotten closer since the day their mother was sent to the mental institute. The twins have mostly been shielding them from their father, they took most of the blunt when it is the training where they have to spar with their father.

Kusuo and Shoto have been the ones cleaning and wrapping his wounds even if they themselves are wounded.

Fuyumi and Natsuo will be fine since their father doesn't really put their attention to them. He calls them weak which is a good thing since he won't train them like he did to Touya and the twins.

Touya was already a few blocks away from their house.

"Brother, what are you doing?"

The red head looked back and saw a small child with heterochromatic eyes and hair with eye glasses. It was Kusuo.

"What are you doing here Kusuo?"

"I should be the one asking you that brother. Are you running away from home?"

'Yeah, I'm running away. Not from home, but from that power obssed father.'

"...yeah" Touya shifted his foot, not knowing how to tell this to his nearly 7 year old sibling. It seems like he put the part wherein how Kusuo even is there in front of him in the first place at the back of his mind.

Kusuo sighed. He gave his eldest brother a piece of paper with his number.

"If you need anything like money, food, sleeping and daily necessities and such call that number. That's my phone's number. You can even call me if you just want to talk."

The eldest has tears forming in his eyes. He stuffed his cry.
"Thank you Kusuo. Thank you..."

"Wherever you go, whatever decision you make I will support you. I will support you even if you become a villain. But I cannot guarantee your protection since I am still weak. Brother, if you become a villain, please take care of yourself since me and Shoto will definitely become heroes since the old man won't like it if we don't."

Kusuo went to hug his eldest brother. "Please take care of yourself."
The red head hugged back with tears.
"I'll try."

The youngest looked back and said, "Shoto! Come here and say goodbye to eldest brother."

From the corner of the alleyway stood a small child similar to the one hugging the red head but that one has a burnt scar on his left eye and has no glasses.

"Brother! Don't leave us!"

Shoto ran to his eldest brother in tears  and clung to him since he didn't want his eldest brother to go.

The eldest bent down to the height of the twins. "I'm so sorry Shoto. I promise I will come back someday. I will take care of the rest of the family without that old man. I promise."

"Talk to us sometimes and tell us what you are doing okay?" Shoto was desperate on not letting his brother go but he has to leave.

Touya kissed the twins on their forehead goodbye.

"Bye."

And with that, the eldest of the Todoroki family ran into the alleyway the twins not knowing when they will ever meet again.