Just Human

I get to Camille's apartment and stood out on the balcony. Making as little noise as possible, yet she heard me. Frighten, she turned to the balcony. She relaxed when she saw me.

"Klaus, what are you doing here?" She asked, confused.

"Well I did tell you I need therapy." I said half joking.

She looked happy to see me, that was a first. Most people tremble at the sound of my name. Camille just welcomes me.

We stood there for awhile, but I wasn't awkward. It felt natural, like she was supposed to be near me. She wasn't close enough for my liking. There was an invisible wall keeping us away from each other, she just needed to invite me in for it to go down.

  "Why are you standing outside though?" She asked. I told her to know everything about the supernatural world, did she forget I needed to be invited in?

"Well, love. You have to invite me in." I answered.

She just nodded like she suddenly remembered. "So, you can come in." I smile when she says that.  I put one foot across and see I'm able to walk in. I walk into her apartment and look around.

There were pictures of her and a young boy that I learned was Sean O'Connell. Some of her pictures had her uncle on them,to. She had regular furniture, nothing too special.

I saw the newspapers of Sean O'Connell, she was doing this again? Did she know this was dangerous. What I learned from Elijah was that Sean O'Connell was cursed by witches, I knew Camile long enough to know that she would want to confront the witches. That was too dangerous for her, she was just a human.

She wasn't safe as a human, that I knew. Eventually she would have to be a vampire. Would she feel like I cursed her? There was no way going around the fact that she would have to change, maybe she would want it.

"Still looking for what happened to Sean?" I asked. I was going to try to get her to stop, now that I knew the information.

"How…" she turned and saw the newspapers still scattered all over the table. "Klaus, you know I just want to know what happened to my brother." She added softly.

"I know what happened." I admitted.

She looked at me, her eyes wide. Wanting to know all the information I had. I was probably going to give it to her, since I am a fool.

"What!" She shouted, shocked.

Here it goes.

"A witch that held a grudge against Kerrian. She knew the only way to hurt him was to get to his niece or nephew. She chose to go after Sean, so that people would point fingers at Kerrian. And the witches could do spells without humans intervening. So she cursed him."

She looked shocked and angry. "You're not going to go looking for the witch." I said sternly.

"Why not!" She shouted. "You could get yourself killed, you're just human. You can't go looking for trouble, because you think you have a damn bloody reason!" I shouted.

She shook her head. "you don't care about me! You just met me, you shouldn't be able to say what I can and can't do!" She shouted.

I don't care!? I care too bloody much. Bloody hell. "You'll get yourself killed I can't allow that!" I shouted at her.

What I said seemed to piss her off. "So you won't allow me to die? Why do you care so much?" She asked, the last bit soft.

Why do I care so much? I would also like to the the BLOODY ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION!.  I can't just up and say 'hey Camille you're my soulmate, so that means the universe wants us together.'

"Just promise me you'll stay safe." I say as I look her in the eyes. "I promise." I said softly. Her promise seemed genuine, that's because it was.

She started crying. Why was she crying? I grabbed her into my arms and began stroking her hair. "He's dead, it never really sunk in…. Sean's dead." She said so softly a human couldn't hear it.

I remember when I lost Henrik, I was devasted. It still hurts to think about him.

I rubbed her shoulder. "He's at peace now." I hugged her close to my body as she cried. All I wanted was for her to have everything she ever wanted.

I'll never make fun of Elijah for caring too much for Hayley. After an hour I realized she was asleep. I gently pick her up and put her on the bed. Covering her with the blankets.

You could see that she has been crying, but besides that she looked peaceful. She was a queen fit for a king. She was an angel, I was the devil. This was never going to work, but I know that I'm in love with her….

Finally a huge Klamille moment, kept you waiting long enough. Get ready for some Klamille action! Just a note I'll be posting this weekend, trying to make up for going a whole week without adding to the story. 😊 I hope you enjoy!