Obligations

Maiara

From the moment that I woke up, I need to be served. The Royal maids will prepare the milk bath and scrub my skin with oils of lavander and flowers from the Harem garden of the Palace. My hair has to be donned and in place with the tiara that has the gems and diamonds from my father's riches. The King will summon me for breakfast and my servants will follow me until I have already sat on the dining hall of the palace. It's an everyday routine, walking into the gardens can never be an alone time because ten bodyguards will be with me.

"Your highness, the Royal Racing Event is today. Your presence is needed by the King." I nearly scoffed at the announcement from my father's trusted Advisor Ylmar. Eversince my oldest brother Prince Khalil got married, I was always the one needed to be shown in public together with the King.

I hated my royal duties, there is no Queen in our kingdom and I was the only Princess but I was treated like an ornament to be displayed by my father to the public eye. My mother is from the Harem who left when I was born, even my brother's are like that. The King didn't want a Queen because he was afraid that she will be the one who will be admired by the people of Dièdre, he hated the competition but I know Khalil is going to be the one who will own the throne someday. I can never be a Queen so all I wanted was to escape and to try and find my mother in the Philippines.

"Your going to be the one who will introduce the racers, your highness." I just nodded as they helped me dressed up for the event.