Decisions

Everard

I was still running towards where she was but it seems like I was too late. I saw the chopper going up and even if I was waving my hands in the air and shouting my lungs out, they weren't able to hear me. She left me and I was so dumb not to realize my feelings before.

"Mahal kita Maiara, mahal kita." Pinagsusuntok ko ang buhangin habang lumuluha ako, gago ako alam ko iyon dahil ipinagtulakan ko siya kahit alam kong mali dahil akala ko iyon ang makabubuting gawin dahil wala akong maipagmamalaki sa kaniya. I was only saving my bruised pride because the truth is that I already lose the first time. I would not make declarations of love and commitment or plan lifetimes together. I was never that kind of guy but maybe I can be that kind of man to Maiara because as much as I wanted to lie to myself, I know she's the only woman who saw me as I am and even without the riches, she still wants to be with me. But will she still want to be with a man who only gave her nothing but words of emptiness?

"Aba'y kahit yata ibaon kita riyan sa buhangin iho ay walang mangyayari. Anong silbi ng yate mo kung hindi mo siya susundan?" I saw Tay Rene going towards me catching his breath and those words was like a punch to my face.

"Dapat pa ba Tay? Maybe it was what should've happened." He went towards me and gave my head a smack and I winced. He's strong for an old man.

"Huwag mo akong inglesin iho, kung mahal mo sundan mo ipaglaban mo huwag yung magmumukmok ka dito. Bakit paano kung malaman mong ipakakasal na siya sa iba, hindi ka ba masasaktan? Paano kung ipapatawag ka ng Prinsipe para sa kasal niya sa ibang lalaki, magiging masaya ka ba?" Iniwan ako roon ni Tay Rene tapos maya-maya ay bumalik siya na dala ang susi ng yate.

I stood up, I probably look like a mess right now but as I tried to imagine how she would've been with another man, another man who would be beside her, holding her hands and kissing those lips. I can't let it happen, it's as though I was burnt with acid and I didn't want that feeling. I might as well give it a shot and if she wants me to just leave, I will do that even if it kills me.

"Samahan niyo po ako Tay, mukhang kailangan ko yata ng suporta niyo para rito." Kinuha ko ang susi tapos ay nagpunta ako ng pantalan. Susubok ako, tutal ngayon lang naman ako nagmahal.