Leaving

Maiara

I didn't sleep because as much as I would've wanted to, it's too much to bear. I didn't even get to see him one last time because he went out. I wrote a letter of all my feelings as I was waiting for him to get back but as the sun rises he didn't come. A maid told me that a call was for me and I know the time has come for me to leave this place.

I took off my necklace and placed it on his pillow. Maybe this is how it was supposed to be, I am probably not the woman for Everard but I am glad for the memories of us together. I didn't know how love was supposed to be but I learned about it in this place, I learned about it when I met the man who never handled me as a fragile princess but instead showed me the real world in a different light, he let me be Maiara without the title and glamour and I am glad that I finally felt the freedom I was never allowed to have before. Maybe freedom is not just felt when you're finally out of another place wherein you felt restrictions, maybe it's something you found in another person too. I found it with Everard yet this time it's still temporary. 

I remember how Niera always tell me not to impose feelings to another person who didn't felt the same thing, maybe I am still that woman. Maybe I was wrong and naive because I believe in true love even if I never really knew how it would've been. I only know how it was on the movies but reality is never like those romantic films I loved watching before, maybe love wasn't supposed to be something that you'll have to risk your life for, maybe it's something wherein you should know how to let go too and that's probably what I should do because the man I love didn't loved me back. I heard the noise of the chopper in the distance and I sighed as I know my time is up. I had to say goodbye to this place. I heard the knocks on the door and saw some of the Palace's guards waiting outside.

"Let me at least have 10 minutes before I left." I told them as they were guiding me towards the helicopter. I know there's probably a private plane somewhere arranged by my brother but I can't go just yet, I need this few minutes. Maybe, maybe he will come for me.