Frustration

Everard

I saw how she went to the dock and take away a sailboat but I wasn't able to catch her fast enough to stop her. Hindi ko alam kung saan ko siya hahanapin ngayon. She always know how to runaway from me.

"Sir baka ho sa karatig isla nagpunta?" Tinanguan ko nalang siya tapos ay nag-radyo sa mga kasama naming naghahanap ngayon, kanina ko pa sana ipinatawag ang coast guard pero hindi nila maaring malaman na nawawala ang Prinsesa. Nasa diyaryo at TV ang mukha ni Maiara sa ngayon kaya't lalo siyang hindi mapakali. Someone might recognize her and kidnap her this time. I wouldn't have a face to show to the Prince if he knew I lost his sister and worse is I endangered her life. I stirred the boat towards the location of another island near mine and hopes to find her there this time.

He wasn't himself anymore after the night of bliss that they've shared on that cabin and as much as he denied himself her presence she haunted his dreams and he's always aware of how much he wanted her. The longing is very strong but he's stubborn and didn't want to be under her charms once again because after all this ruckus she's still a Princess and he's still just an ordinary man.

"Mahahanap natin siya iho, magtiwala ka lang." Tay Rene told him and he just nodded, he's  determined to find her.

Maiara

She was sitting under the shade of a tree and smiling at the children playing with a ball made of rattan which Tay Lito says a sepak.

"Ate laro tayo, dali!" A little girl grabbed her hand then tossed her the ball. She remembered how she likes to mingle with the children of the orphanage in Dièdre wherein she visits once a week. She was giggling and having fun when she saw the yachts and sailboats approaching.

It seems like her freedom is no more as she saw Everard climbing down the sailboat looking stern once again. She started walking away once their eyes met, she knew she didn't have anywhere to go by this time and fighting him off is futile but she was very angry and frustrated because even if she knows he's been a liar the truth still remains that her heart was his to own and this time it was betraying her because as much as she wanted to hurt him she couldn't so she started running with the tears streaming down her face because it hurts so much.

She knew he was after her because after just a while he held her arm and she stiffened. She was still crying when she faced him, anger and something else is evident in his face. He looks as though he was tired and relieved at the same time but she was not feeling those emotions this moment.

"Stop acting like a child Maiara, escaping is not a solution to every problem you have!" I slapped him when he said those words to me because it's too much. I just didn't want to be locked in once more, is that so much to ask?

"I'm not a child Everard, I knew how to think for myself and this time I wanted to decide on my own! You don't understand me because you're free to do what you wanted to, but I'm restricted on that place and if you're going to take me back to that prison just kill me instead." I pushed him hard and went towards the shore. I went back to the sailboat that I stole and tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't let me. He went beside me and gave me a hug and I didn't know what to feel by that time because as much as I wanted to lie to myself, I feel safe.

"I was never a free man Princess, I had the worst time in prison so I know how much you yearn for the freedom. Can you listen to me this time?" I faced him and saw how he look so vulnerable to me and I nodded because I've felt as though I can see the real Everard this time.