PROLOGUE

'Maa, what is going on, why are you crying? Where is di?' I asked, looking at her worriedly. She continued sobbing without an answer and then suddenly fainted.

'DAD' I yelled, worried about mom. He ran into the room with di's too be husband and her to be inlaws. He picked her up and placed her softly on the bed. 

'Dad, what is going on? I need to know' I said firmly. 

 'Bacha, your sister ran away today morning. She has left a letter' he said. 

'No Krishi didi can't do such a thing' I said disbelievingly.

 'Well she did, your sister was nothing but a gold-digger, she just used all my contacts and got away' jiju said angrily. He looked like a wounded lion, his hands were fisted as though controlling his anger. 

'What should we do now? Everyone is here, the reputation of both the families are on stake' dad asked sadly, still caressing mom's hair. I could sense his worry for mom.

 'Get Kriti and Sid married, we have no other choice. Plus, she should pay for her elder sister's fault' his mom said angrily. Of course, she had all the rights, I understand her anger, but what is my fault in this, why was she spoiling my life!!

'Aunty, but how can I, jiju and didi loved each other. There must have been some misunderstanding' I tried persuading her. Just then mom woke up, she seemed to have heard what I said. 

'Beta, he is not your jiju. He will be your husband. Priya is right, both of you will definitely fall for one another after a while' she said calmly. 

'But I am just 18, and he loves didi. It wouldn't be right' I said, desperately trying.

'Beta, you both can take your relationship very slow, start from friendship, and by the time you'll fall in love you would be more mature. The only difference would be that in the eyes of the world you'll be husband and wife' dad begged me pleadingly. I couldn't let my dad beg, I would do anything for him. I slowly nodded. 

'If jij- I mean Siddarth is okay with that' I said softly. Mom and dad looked relieved, whereas aunty and uncle got calmer. Siddarth's face remained emotionless. 

'Get ready and come to the mandap' he ordered before he left the room angrily. Aunty and uncle also followed him just as angry. I knew his grandparents would be even angrier. Why did you have to do this di, I thought. Mom quickly got me changed into the bridal attire. Everyone wasn't too worried as the outsiders, everyone except our close family, didn't know which daughter of the Singhania's was getting married to Siddarth Ahuja.