Part 8

After the movie, all of them went to get some food before going back. They went to the food court. Mew and Thong get the foods for them while Gulf and Lisa wait at their table.

"So I saw some couple sweetly cuddle inside the hall just now,"teased Lisa.

Gulf blushed," Who? "

"You and Mew of course."

"No, we don't," Gulf denied.

"Yes, you are. I saw with my own eyes."

"No, we don't. You just mistaken us with the couple in front of us," Gulf denied once again.

Without their realise, Mew was standing behind them with a tray of food in his hand. He heard Gulf's denials and it made him sad. He thought Gulf was giving him a chance and he already decided to call off his decision after their hang out today. But seeing how Gulf tried hard denying and explaining to Lisa made him realise Gulf still loves Lisa. Maybe he doesn't want Lisa to get the wrong impression about him.

"Mew, move, it's heavy," shout Thong out of nowhere with a tray full of foods and drinks. Mew tried to compose himself and act like normal.

Lisa keeps on flirting with Thong in front of Gulf and Mew. Mew noticed Gulf was eyeing them throughout their lunch. Mew nudged Gulf and whispered to him, "Jealous?"

Gulf looked shocked at Mew's question. He shook his head and gave Mew his uneasy smile.

'Why am I feeling this way when Lisa flirts with Thong? I thought I only love her as a friend. Maybe Mew was right, I am jealous, but what am I jealous for? If i still like her, how about my feelings towards Mew?'

'You still love her Gulf. I knew you. Why do you make me like this Gulf? I thought you already fell in love with me. I guess I' m wrong. I really need to let you go. I need time for myself to move on.'

Both Mew and Gulf were silenced throughout their lunch. Both of them in their own thoughts, but Mew looked sad.

(I' m crying while writing this 😢😢😢)

After their lunch, the couples go their separate ways. Thong and Lisa stayed a bit longer for shopping while Mew and Gulf went back. Mew was silent along the way, sending Gulf back and Gulf was in his world, still hardly thinking about his feelings.

'What about my feelings toward Mew?' he turned to look at Mew, who is driving. Suddenly he felt guilty, Mew had that sad eyes again but this time it showed on his face. He had that sad looked.

"Mew, we're going to have a talk after this right?"

Mew just nodded his head without looking at Gulf.

"Let's talk inside my condo, okay?" said Gulf softly as he tried to ease the atmosphere. Mew nodded his head again.

Once they arrived at Gulf's condo, they both went inside and sat at the sofa in Gulf's living room. Nobody said anything.

'Now or never, Mew.' 

Mew gathered all his courage and looked at Gulf, who was waiting for him to talk.

"Gulf, I have something to say to you. But promise me that you won't interrupt."

Gulf nodded his head.

Mew took a deep breath and stared into Gulf's eyes. He' s going to miss those eyes.

"Gulf, I'm letting you go."

Gulf looked shocked, "What do you mean Mew?"

"I'm letting you go Gulf. I will stop chasing after you. I will stop, I won't disturb you anymore Gulf. I promise I will stop. I know you don't love me, I know you don't have any feelings for me, I know you're not comfortable having me around you and i know you love Lisa. I'm sorry Gulf."