Dont be a wimp

Extending there hands to me picking me up, "never seen you before? . . . You look kinda like- NO WAY!".

The sudden yelling scared Fuku, "w-waaaaaaa".

"Oh not again, come on Fuku its alright", the crying got louder.

"Why do you have a baby!?!".

"It's a long story", thinking on my feet I made a silly face at her.

It seemed to work since Fuku stopped crying , "goo~".

'Oh thank goodness', letting out a sigh I was officially done with today.

"Hey Uh- Im Undyne, you're (y/n) right?".

"How did you know my name".

"I saw you once in the castle when I went with my dad to work", she said looking a bit awkward.

"Your dad? . . . Your dad . . . WAIT HE'S YOUR DAD!?!", I said remembering the royal guard captain.

"Yup, he talked about you a few times and said you were a little frail looking doll when he saw you", she snorted laughing a bit.

'She doesn't look like a bad person . . She seems really genuine and honest', I took her hand in the middle of her talking surprising her.

Her surprise softened to a confident grin, "Don't just stand there with your head down, let's go".

She lead me threw the area like a pro taking us out of the bush work and into open area, "here we are, my house is the next one coming up".

"Wow . . I've never been here before", I looked around.

'This might be the biggest place in the underground I've seen by far'.

"Stay here while I go hunt down my old man", she left me with drinks but none I could give to Fuku since I had no idea what she ate.

'Her mom must be so worried . . . Sans must really be mad . . Everyone's going to hate me when I go back home', my thoughts made me think the worst and my shaking continued as I felt my eyes fill up with tears.

"Bah! Abaaa!", Fuku was playing with my hair that seemed to be tickling her face.

"At least you don't hate me yet", I smiled trying to not cry and looked around.

'They have a huge piano . . . They didn't seem like the type to have this here', walking to it I pushed down on some of the keys.

"Want to hear a song Fuku?", I sat Fuku supporting her back with my chest and played the keys softly as she clapped with joy.

It was a peaceful song that seemed to make time feel like it was passing by slowly with every note, "that's Debussy Clair De Lune, how does a small little thing like you know how to play that song".

The Royal guard captain was looming behind us watching me as I played the piano and Undyne was way to close to me, "I play a little but nothing compared to what you just did".

"I heard it once a long time ago so I thought I would try it out", I said picking up Fuku.

"Undyne told me you were lost and you had a little friend with you", he picked me up and I nodded showing him Fuku.

"Dad isn't she an elemental? So isn't it bad for her to be here", Undyne followed close behind.

"Yes, since she's so small she would have been making a fuss from the change in environment . . . but it seems like you took care of her temperature well (y/n)", he said praising me and we left there house going threw unfamiliar areas.

The cold started to set in but thanks to Fuku it didn't feel so bad and it wasn't that windy, "we're almost to your place, so how did you end up there? River persons path wasn't that way". he asked.

My face turned from relief to unsure and confused, "I really don't know . . If anyone knows it's Dad".

"Oh it's a skeleton thing then?", she said trying to understand. "Anyways when ever you come down or if I'm ever in town be sure to hang out some time", she gave me a wide smile.

"Then we can train you as a knight", the captain laughed a hardy laugh and I laughed a bit as well but Undyne wasn't.

"He's not kidding", she said looking a little dead.

I saw the lights get brighter as we got into town, "Mr. captain can we go to the restaurant? I have to give Fuku back to her mama".

"Alright", he didn't ask questions and went right over.

The anxiety I've been feeling was building up and I felt my thoughts starting to darken, 'don't be scared it's okay . . It's okay . . they're not liker her  . . they wont hurt you . . '.

When we got to the door I heard everyone shoot up, "FUKU!!".

Her mother came over and placed her hand on Fukus face checking her, "oh thank goodness, where were they? they suddenly vanished and we looked all over the area".

"They were in waterfall ma'am, she's unharmed thanks to (Y/n)'s quick thinking", he handed her the baby and wanted to put me down but I didn't let him.

"You alright half pint", Undyne noticed my strange behavior.

" . . . . -orry . . . I'm- . . . -rry ", I was shaking again trying to apologies but my voice was so shaky i wouldn't get the words out.

"Oh sweety", she said softly.

"(Y/n) . . .", Grillby said looking at me feeling bad for me.

"Half pint, it's alright what ever happened I'm sure it was an accident so don't cry", she showed me a smile even though she didn't know what happened.

The door bursted open and sans was heaving for air, "I saw the Guard! She's here! She came back in one piece right!".

Sans saw my crying state and he let out a sigh, "you're alright . . . you scared the soul right out of me". He came over and took me from the captains hands.

"Big brother!", sobbing I stayed in his arms.

"You're alright, I got you", he rubbed my back soothing me. Going home i would have a Very interesting conversation with Gaster.