captain

It had been a few days since I got sick and i was finally getting better to the point i was allowed to go out side, as long as i didn't go that far from the house.

papyrus and I had come back from playing when sans stopped us with news, "good you guys are back, Dad wanted you guys to be ready to leave soon".

"Leave? where to", i said finding it suspicious.

"We get to go out together, Oooh im looking forward to this", pappy was very happy since it's been a while since we've been anywhere together that didn't involve me getting in trouble.

Dad came threw the door with a few bags and handed it to papyrus and I respectively, "go change into this your going to need it for today". With out any other contexts we changed into what looked like long sleeve clothes and pants with hardy shoes and gloves.

"Um- dad not that I don't think its cute n' all but why did you suddenly get us matching outfits", I said even more suspicious.

"I like them, it's easy to move in and these shoes feel good to walk in", paps said wiggling his foot around.

"No more questions just follow me, sans do you wish to come as well?".

"Right behind ya doc", he said following along as we walked out of Snowden.

Strangely enough we took river persons boat to waterfall and walked a very familiar way.

"Wait . . This is the way to Undyne's house!? I-if we're going there then-", a big smile took over my face.

"What!? wait Undyne's House! this is amazing! I can ask her for tips and we can spar together and-" Papyrus went on and on about Undyne and training.

meanwhile sans was on high alert watching every corner, "sans what are you doing?".

"She could be anywhere", he said with shifting eyes.

"Really!?", papyrus said looking around.

" Undyne enjoys playing rough. I have told her not to do so with sans because of his condition", Gaster said having his extra hands around us.

"Condition? Sans you have an illness", I tilted my head.

"Eh- well something like that", he said with a half smile when he reacted to a rustle in the tall grass.

Flinching he placed me in front of him. A small little lizard came from the shrubs.

"don't worry sans I'll protect you from the lizard!", I said extending my arms.

"Heh. . . thanks", he let out a sigh letting me go.

"I didn't know you were scared of small lizards brother", papyrus didnt mean to sound sarcastic but it sure came out that way and it made me laugh.

"Whats so funny (y/n), last time i checked you were scared of the dark", Sans said with a smirk.

"Im not Scared of the dark!", i said defensively.

"Brother dont pick on (Y/n) and Sister please dont mind Sans", Papyrus took our hands as we glared at each other.

as we got closer a little chill went up my spine and my eyes went a golden hue as i pulled both the Boys down quickly.

"YAAAAAA! GA-", with a scream and a hard thud someone had jumped over us and landed in front of us.

"nice reflex fluff ball", sans pet my head while enjoying the sight of Undyne on the floor flat on her face.

"that looked like it hurt are you alright", Papyrus went to help her up and i went to check if her head was okay.

"Undyne!", she rubbed her face sitting crisscross on the floor.

"Nice dodge but how did you know", she said a bit ticked off.

I shrugged and looked at Gaster for an answer, "it seems your magic is more then just a beacon for humans". He wrote down notes then turned his attention to Undyne, "is your father home I would like to discuss a few matters with him".

"Uh yeah he should be I'll take you myself", hopping back on her feet she took my hand and grinned. "Nice seein ya again half pint. Last time I saw you, you were crying your eyes out".

"Are you teasing me", I said as my cheeks turned a bit red.

She just grinned as we got to her house and a large fish man was beating up a few dummies. "Old man! I got a few guests!".

He looked over our way and a wide smile cascaded his face, "Well if it isn't the Royal Scientist Himself what's the ocasión? Did Hot lands freeze over". He chuckled to himself.

Gaster rubbed his temple from the interaction, "No it didn't, I'm letting my children have a go at your training for the next few months under the condition that if they quit they must Listen to my guidance". He looked at me when he said that.

I gave him a little smile and looked away, "Ha! You see now that they were meant to be knights~ I know a good recruit when I see one and these ones were my top pickings".

He placed his hands on our skulls making us look like a fruit he could just crush at any moment. "Tell me rookies are you ready to be a knight", he said losing the smile with an intimidating stare.

I gulped a bit but didn't let him shake me. "Sir, yes Sir!". I gave a salute and so did Papyrus.

"I am ready to become a royal guardsmen Sir! I look forward to your guidance and training", Papyrus had stars in his eyes from how excited he looked.

"That's what I like to hear rookie", he looked back at Gaster. "They have a trial period of three months and need to pass a fitness after that. If for some reason they don't meet that requirement they will be dropped and have to work another three months till they pass".

"Understood. Children you have three months, if you survive that long I'll allow this dream of yours", he said crouching down to us.

"Is that a promise", looking into his eyes I wanted to make sure he wasn't tricking me.

"It is something I will take into account", he said holding out his hand.

"Hmmmm, I'll take what I can get", we shook on it. For the next three months I would have to work harder then Ever if I wanted to achieve my dream.