Explore

Dark . . . I never liked the dark . . It was unpleasant, cold and unforgiving, ' . . . '.

My mind went into a dark place for a few moments when a light flickered next to me, "here this way we can see better".

"(Y/n) your crushing my hand", Chara rubbed his hand.

"O-oh sorry . . I just don't like", my voice trailed off as I looked into the dark hall.

"Your scared of the dark?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Chara!", Asriel scolded.

"What it's a real question!? She seemed fine when we shared a room in the castle", he said with a look of confusion.

"Well . . That's true but", Asriel looked at me for an explanation.

Fidgeting a bit my shyness took over, "w-well that's because I wasn't alone when I slept, I don't do well in cramped dark places".

Chara let out a sigh and Asriel seemed happy with my response as they took my hand and stopped along the path.

"What's the matter my children? Come or the day will escape us", she lit the path with neatly laid out fireballs that disappeared as we walked passed them with a new one taking its place.

'It must be super Convenient to be able to use fire magic'.

We got to another door that looked older then the door we passed if that was possible.

The King opened the door showing light already lit, "believe it or not this is the basement of our house".

"Really?!?".

"Yeah, I thought it was weird too", Chara said tugging me along.

We went up stairs to a cozy looking home that smelled like flowers and pie.

Toriel showed me where I would be staying and everyone else dropped there things off and began to make themselves at home.

I would be sharing the room with Asriel and Chara which made me feel better about sleeping.

The boys were already in the front yard playing when I met back up with them, "this house is really nice".

"Feels more like home then the castle does thats for sure", Chara stretched with a smile on his face.

"It's good to get away from all the guards and lectures~ it's been a while since we've been here", Asriel smiled at chara.

"Speaking of which, (y/n) wanna see a really cool place?", Chara came up to me taking my hand.

"Um, s-sure? . . . It's not that far is it", I said worriedly.

"Not at all~", he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Wait, you wanna take her there!? B-but mom said-".

"Come on (y/n)! The faster we go the faster we get there", Chara didn't let Asriel finish speaking and dragged me along to who knows where.

"Ah! Hey Wait For Me!", Asriel ran behind us.

The both of them cleared  'trapped' areas, 'they don't look like these could hurt anyone? Just delay someone at best'.

We passed many monsters and puzzles along the way till we reached the last one and if I had a stomach it would feel like a pit, "w-why are the spikes so tall".

"Dont worry we know the way", chara was about to walk forward but Asriel stopped him.

"Let me do this one", he used magic to press down the spike before we stepped on it making me feel better.

Passing the very intimidating spikes we walked threw old structures and romen type Columns.

In a place that was dimly lit, a beam like ray shined at the end of the tunnel from above, "its light?".

The sounds of birds chirped and the rustling of leaves, "w-what is this place".

I looked in awe at a huge hole above us with the beam of light touching a soft path of flowers as leaves danced down from the entrance.

"This is where I first met my family, well to be more exact Asriel", Chara looked nostalgic.

"You were smaller back then, before we didn't have all the bushes and flowers to break your fall", Asriel grimaced a bit remembering.

"Well you guys didn't know things could fall in to begin with till I happened to fall down", he smiled and sat down.

"This- . . This is where you came from, how old were you?", I asked since i genuinely didn't know.

With eyes that looked like they were deep in thought he spoke softly, "I was five . . When I fell".

"He was in really bad shape but thanks to mom we healed him up real good", Asriel was trying to lighten the mood.

'He never talked about the surface . . Did something happen to him before he came here', thinking of the possibilities I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Well thanks to that I got to meet you, I think that's pretty amazing", I felt him flinch a bit from my words and action.

"A-amazing? . . Now you're just over exaggerating", he said not believing me.

I held his hand in mine and gave him my best sincere smile, "I mean it, I'm glad I met you Chara~ you're the best person I know".

"Me too, I'm glad I got a brother like you as family", Asriel joined in and hugged us.

"GAH!, No Affection!!", he joked cleaning his face a bit so no one saw his tears.

We had our fun in that room and Asriel even watered it before we left, "yes so . . If I'm the most amazing person? What does that make Asriel? Second best?".

"Hum? Well I already have the most amazing brothers so, Asriel would be the most amazing Friend I've met", as I said that Chara stopped for a sec and clicked his tongue.

"I think you're an amazing friend too (y/n)~", he pet my head.

"Asriel, I'm taking your desserts when we get back", Chara sounded annoyed for some reason.

"Wa- but! What did I do!?!", he sounded defeated.

"It's okay we can share mine", I tried to help but only seemed to make it worse.

"I'm taking yours to (y/n)", he said in a pouting manner.

"Huh?!? But that's not fair!", we were arguing the whole way back about desserts.