Partners in Crime (Part 1) - Xander DeWitt

Y/N's POV

It's been three months since Russell, Xander's dad, went missing and we've been using our detective skills to track him down. Our parents are really great friends, Mr and Mrs DeWitt treat me like their daughter and my parents love Xander just as much as they love me. When Mr DeWitt went missing, Xander and I were both affected by it. Xander and I both love mysteries and all things related to detectives, and so we put it to good use in finding Xander's dad.

I was at school when Xander sent me a text and informed me that he'll be tracking down his father's car. I hacked into the principal's office in school and made sure he won't send a letter to Mrs DeWitt, informing her that Xander is not at school today. Everything was going smoothly until the principal caught me hacking into his files. He called the cops and asked them to drive me home.

My parents were disappointed that I hacked into the principal's files. "Honey..." dad spoke. He is looking out the window where the DeWitt's house is. "Xander is with the cops," dad added.

"Oh my God, what have you two done now?" Mom groaned. She grabbed my arm and dragged me across the street to Xander's house.

"Xander!" I called. He turns around and smiled at me apologetically. "Go upstairs and get changed," Mrs DeWitt said. Xander walked inside and walked to his room. "I'll go check up on him," I mumbled and followed Xander up to his room.

"What happened?" we asked each other at the same time. "The stupid principal caught me hacking his files," I said, "You?"

"I almost had it. The cops got me," Xander replied. He grabbed a new set of clothes before walking in his bathroom. I sat on his bed and went through my phone while waiting for him. After a little while, he finished taking a shower.

"You ok?" I slipped my phone in my pocket and watched as Xander opened a board to reveal all the files we collected that might lead us to Mr DeWitt's whereabouts. "Yeah. I might have a way to track down dad's car," Xander smiled at me.

He inserted the flashdrive in his computer and we waited for the files to transport to his laptop.

"Xander?" Mrs DeWitt asked as she walked inside the room. I grabbed the remote and closed the board as Xander fixed himself before we found our mothers.

"Skipping school again?" Mrs DeWitt frowns, "And you had to drag Y/N into this?"

"I can't believe you, Y/N. Hacking into the principal's files so that he won't send a letter to Mrs DeWitt?" mom added.

"There was an amazing sale on Lamborghinis and I didn't want to pass that out," Xander lied. "I wasn't really that interested so I left him," I added.

"Xander, you need to go to school, and you're obviously really distracted here so why don't you go leave with your grandpa in Bixler Valley," Mrs DeWitt suggested. My eyes widened.

"What? No. No no no, mom, no, I can't stay with grandpa," Xander said, "I-I can't leave Y/N here."

"Well then I'm sending Y/N off with you," mom spoke. "What? Are you kidding?" I stood up from Xander's bed with a frown.

"Mom, I can't stay with grandpa, ok? He walks around in his underwear and he poops with the door open," Xander tried, "I-I don't want that kind of environment for Y/N."

Mrs DeWitt hugged Xander and I moved to sit on his chair near the computer right when the file is uploaded. I clicked on the file and moved aside to let Xander see.

Our eyes widened when we saw it's on Bixler Valley. We made eye contact and smirked at each other.

"You know what, mom? I'm going to Bixler Valley," Xander said after pulling away from his mom. "Why the sudden change of mind?" Mrs DeWitt asked. "I like old people... And cheese," Xander replied, "You in Y/N?"

"I mean, I guess," I mumbled, pretending to be pissed. "I've always wanted to get out of town and go on a road trip so, alright I'm going."

Mom smiled. "Don't worry Y/N. You'll have a great time there."

*Timeskip*

After bidding goodbye to my parents, I dragged my two suitcases across the street. Mrs DeWitt is driving Xander and I to Bixler Valley. They just finished connecting Xander's scooter to the car as Xander helped me carry my bags and put them inside the car.

"You ok Y/N?" he asked. "Yeah. Road trip," I smiled. "You don't have to come with me if you're not up for it. I totally understand if you hate me now cause I've been dragging you to every bit of trouble that I cause," Xander while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's alright Xan. Russell is like a dad to me, and I promised you that I will help find him. I'm keeping that promise," I smiled at him. Xander smiled back and squeezed my shoulder. "Do you have everything with you dear?" Mrs DeWitt asked.

"Yeah," I nodded my head.

"Well let's get going!"

Xander opened the backseat door for me and I hopped inside. He sat next to his mom and the car starts moving.

I texted my friends and told them that I'm moving to Bixler Valley. I talked to them for a few more minutes before I got tired and bored and decided to go to sleep.

*Timeskip*

"Y/N? Love, wake up"

I hear Xander's voice as he lightly shook me awake. "No! It's too early for school," I groaned. He poked my cheeks a few more times before I opened my eyes at him. "You better have a good reason."

"Well we're here at grandpa's place," Xander shrugged. "Grandpa? What?" I asked. "We're in Bixler Valley," he clarified. It was then that I remembered we are heading to Bixler to search for Mr DeWitt's car. "Shoot," I mumbled, Xander helped me out of the car and we saw his grandfather.

"How am I suppose to keep kids off my lawn, when I got two kids hanging around my lawn," Xander's grandpa, Charlie DeWitt, said. My dad is great friends with Xander's dad, so in the process, Grandpa DeWitt also sees me as his grand daughter.

Xander and I smiled at him. "Good to see you too grandpa," Xander said, they shared a very quick awkward hug before pulling away. "Nice seeing you again Grandpa DeWitt," I waved. He nodded his head at me.

Mrs DeWitt left some instructions for Grandpa DeWitt as Xander and I looked around the place. "Man. I haven't been here in ages," I said.

"What am I suppose to feed these two? It looks like I have to fatten them up," Grandpa DeWitt said. Xander chuckled as Mrs DeWitt talked to him.

"Be good, ok? Listen to grandpa and don't give up hope. They're gonna find dad," Mrs DeWitt said. Xander nods his head and they shared a hug. "Take care of yourself, sweetie, ok? Look after Xander for me," she added and also gave me a hug. "Yeah. Take care of yourself too Mrs DeWitt," I said.

Xander and Mrs DeWitt shared a couple more hugs before she finally left. "Come on mama's boy. Let's go double time," Grandpa DeWitt said.

Xander and I struggled to carry our bags, plus balance his scooter and followed Grandpa DeWitt walk to his front porch. We didn't catch a word he said because of the struggle.

We reached the porch where Xander left his scooter outside and we carried our bags inside. My room is across from Xander's as I transfered my clothes from my suitcase to the closet.

Xander moved to my room after fixing his room and we talked for a bit before it was getting late.

After saying goodbye and goodnight to Xander, I changed into my pajamas and went to bed.

-------------

This was requested by: ShyannaEchito

Part 2 is coming up.

Thanks for reading guys.

I love you all, stay safe.