Partners In Crime (Part 3) - Xander DeWitt

Y/N's POV

I notice Xander has been spending his entire day with that chick, Kenzie Messina. I know cause I hacked into her school files.

Xander never mentioned accepting this chick to be his partner, it's always been me.

While Xander spent his day with Kenzie, I spent mine with Kevin and his friends. I also got some information from them that the diner Xander and I were looking for was destroyed, and so are a lot of places all over Bixler Valley.

When school was over, I waited for Xander by his scooter while going through my phone. He suddenly stood beside me and I smiled up at him, but frowned when I saw Kenzie trailing behind him.

I acted like I didn't know her at all. "Who's this?" I asked.

"Hi! I'm Kenzie Messina. I noticed your the other new student in school and in town. What's your name?" Kenzie asked.

"Y/N," I said. "Whoa, is she the Y/N you keep on mentioning?" Kenzie asked Xander. "Well how many Y/N's do you think I know?" Xander replied.

"Anyways, Y/N is it ok if you walk home? Kenzie and I are gonna check out the diner," Xander said. I frowned, "I thought we're doing that after school."

"Yeah but then I remembered you said you have to write that History paper and you have an Algebra quiz tomorrow," Xander said.

I don't care about my stupid Algebra quiz. Who cares about Algebra nowadays.

Tell him no, tell him the quiz doesn't matter. Tell him that you have to be there with him as he searches the place. Tell him--

"Yeah, oh my God. How could I forget about my works that's all due tomorrow. You sure you'll be alright?" I said. "Yeah. Kenzie's with me," Xander said. I smiled at him and we shared a quick hug.

I frowned when he handed my helmet yo Kenzie and I watched as they drove away.

I sighed and towards Grandpa DeWitt's house is.

I underestimated the distance between the house and school. Someone suddenly honked their horn behind me. I turn around and saw Kevin in his car.

"Need a lift?"

I gave him a slight eye roll but reluctantly hopped inside his car. "Why are you all alone? I thought you and blondie live in the same house," Kevin says as he continued driving. "His name's Xander and yes we live in his grandfather's house," I said.

"Where is he?"

I was quiet for a few seconds before replying, "He's checking out an old library with Kenzie."

Kevin suddenly stopped the car and I nearly slammed my face into the dash board. "Oh my God! If you wanna kill me, why didn't you just say so?!" I snapped at him.

"Kenzie Messina is with Xander?" Kevin asked. "Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Nothing," Kevin frowned. I narrowed my eyes at him and grabbed his finger, "You better tell me now, or I'm gonna break your finger," I threatened.

Kevin laughs. "You wouldn't"

I gripped onto his wrist tightly and pulled his finger back. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ok, ok, ok, I'll talk!!" Kevin yelped. I released his finger. "I heard some rumours that Xander and Kenzie are partners now," Kevin said.

"What?" I asked, "No. No way, Xander could never do that to me."

"Those are just rumours, Y/N. You and Xander have been through a lot, there's no way he would replace you like that," Kevin assures me. He continued driving as I gave out the directions to Grandpa DeWitt's house.