Partners In Crime (Part 6) - Xander DeWitt

Y/N's POV

I got home and felt my heart sank once more when I saw Xander locked himself in his room and refuses to talk to me, let alone look at me.

I went straight to my room. This whole situation is all new to me. Xander and I are usually stuck to each other's hip, you can find us with by each other's side, always talking about mysteries and crimes and detectives.

I sat on my bed. I never got to examine my room that well because it's either I'm gone, or I'm in Xander's room.

I wasted my time examining the books on the shelves and small decors on my desks. I also scrolled around my laptop and cellphone. Occasionally, I would leave my room to check on Xander who is still avoiding me.

It was getting late and I was peacefully sleeping on my bed. I wore Xander's jacket that he let me borrow the other day and I never returned it him.

I suddenly heard mg window open and footsteps getting louder. I opened my eyes and saw a figure hovering above me. I screamed and the person covered my mouth and quickly turned the lights on.

The light illuminated my room and I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Xander. "Hijo de puta! ¿Qué estás haciendo? Me asustaste" I hissed in Spanish without even realizing it. I sat up and slapped Xander's shoulder.

"I almost forgot you speak Spanish predominantly when you're scared," Xander said. I calmed down while looking at Xander and managed to return to my English side. "Haven't you witnessed enough of that after all the Haunted Houses you dragged me to?" I asked. Xander looked at me sheepishly.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered. He showed me his phone and I saw a text message from Russell DeWitt.

"Xander... C.R.A.T.E.R. is real. You are in danger. Clock tower 2AM. Come alone, don't trust anyone," I read out loud before he swiped his thumb and showed me another text coming from Russell too. "I know Y/N is here at Bixler with you... Please don't let her come with you, I don't want her getting involved."

"For the past three months, his phone's been off, straight to voice mail and out of the blue, I got this," Xander said.

"2AM? Xan, that's twenty minutes from now. Come on," I grabbed his arm and forced him to stand up. "He also sent this," Xander added and showed me a message from Mr DeWitt.

"I also know Y/N is here with you. Please don't take her, I don't want her involved," I read out loud before looking at Xander. "No way am I staying here. I'm going with you," I said. "Y/N, no. Dad says I should go alone, and I don't want you in danger," Xander said, "Look I'm so sorry about our fight earlier. I didn't mean to snap at you, I was just so frustrated. I'm so sorry for questioning you like that. I know you did everything to help me... I never had the chance to thank you for all the sacrifices you did for me since we were kids."

I smiled at him and rubbed his shoulder. "It's fine, Xan. I know how you feel, as you said, your father was like a father to me. It broke my heart when he suddenly disappeared and I hate seeing you upset. I promise I'd help you," I said.

Xander smiled at me and pulled me in his arms. "Thank you, Y/N, for everything."

I nodded my head against his chest. We pulled away after a few seconds and I leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

*****************

Xander and I rode his scooter to the clock tower. Kenzie will be waiting for us there. I clung onto Xander and tightened my grip around his waist until we came to a stop.