Escape Room - H. H.

Y/N's POV

I entered the man cave with Henry and we smiled at everyone. I just spent the night at his house to help him with his History homework.

"Yo yo yeegeedee yo," Henry greets. I simply waved at everyone and found my place on the couch as Henry attempts to think of a new entrance line.

"Howdy do-dee, my little... Cuties," Henry said.

I cringed. "Stop trying sweetie," I called. Henry groaned, "Are those the grand opening scissors?"

"You bet they are!" Ray smiled.

"We have another grand opening tonight?" I asked. "You bet your butt we do," Ray smiled at Henry and I.

"I hate grand openings," Henry mumbled as he walked to me, "I hate the fan fair, I hate the new store smell. I hate Ray making it all about himself."

"Right," Charlotte smirked, but Ray slapped her shield shut. "Let's go. Swellview's new Escape Room isn't gonna grandly open itself," he said.

"What is an escape room?" Schwoz asked, but struggled to say the word "room".

"Oh come on. You know how to say the word "room"," Ray said. "An escape room is where they pretend to lock you and your friends inside," Henry explained. "And the only way for you to get out is to solve a series of clues and riddles and things," Charlotte added. "You solve enough clues in time, you "escape"," I finished.

"Oh so that's how you escape," Schwoz smiled. "Bubble up, buttercup. Henry's sister is gonna meet us there," Ray tossed Henry and I our gum containers.

"Why does Piper get to attend events like this while we don't?" Jasper asked. "Because she's the president of the Man Fans Club," I said. Henry and I popped our gums in our mouth and started chewing.

Henry and I have been sidekicks for five years now. Him being Kid Danger and me as Danger Girl. We went on so many adventures over the past five years and things are going smooth. Unlike Henry, I can balance my studies and crime fighting time, whereas he's a little more focused on being Kid Danger.

"It only makes sense if she goes with us. Imagine us walking in an event with Jasper Dunlop and Charlotte uh..." Ray stopped when he doesn't know Charlotte's last name.

"Do you not know my last name?" Charlotte asked, "I've worked with you for five years."

"Of course I know your last name. It's uh... Sweb," Ray mumbled and walked away. "You think my name is Charlotte Sweb!?" Charlotte shrieked.

"Is it not?" Jasper wonders. One glare from Charlotte made him walk away in fear.

Henry and I blew onto our bubbles and we transformed to our superhero costumes. "Alright let's just get this over with," I said.

Since there were only two tubes, Henry and I have to share one. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he and Ray said, "Up the tube," and we got shot up.

*************

"Hello?" Ray called. "We're here, it's us!" Henry added.

"Anybody home?" I called.

"Superhero and sidekicks, ready to murder a grand opening ribbon," Ray said. "Maybe we got the wrong address," I said.

Ray suddenly gasped. "You think it's a surprise party for me?"

"No one is thinking that," I hissed. "No don't do this again," Henry pleaded, "It wasn't a surprise party at the gas station. It wasn't a surprise party at the bathroom store and it certainly wasn't a surprise party at my grandmother's funeral."