The Wolf

🥀

The sunlight danced along the walls of the tall buildings, among all the places where the sunlight could go, the sun's rays rested on the face of (Y/n). Who stirred awake, slowly opening her eyes and sitting up straight in her bed. She mindlessly stretched, she got up and walked towards the window. She glanced down at the busy street, people littered the grey pavement, looking like ants from where she was. (Y/n) sighed, thinking of the full day that was ahead of her; she turned to get ready. 

Before she walked down stairs, she quietly walked over to check on Denzel. He was an orphan who sadly had the stigma, and unfortunately there was no cure. (Y/n) prayed everyday for his recovery, but since there wasn't much hope; she had to come to the realization that Denzel didn't have much time. She quietly opened the door, peeking in. 

"(Y/n)?" Denzel yawned, slowly sitting up. (Y/n) went into the room, she sat on his bed, gently laying him back down.

"Morning, little man." She said, softly. 
"My head hurts." The boy placed his hand on his forehead, (Y/n) grabbed his bandage that was knocked off head in his sleep. 
"I know, try to get more rest." She placed him back in bed, making sure the blanket was covering him. Denzel yawned and closed his eyes. 

"But," He yawned again. "I'm not sleepy." 
"Very convincing." She said, sarcastically, (Y/n) gently kissed the top of his head. She then got up from his bed. "I'll be home later." 
"Promise?" Denzel asked, tirelessly. 
"Of course. Now, get some rest." (Y/n) said, placing one last kiss on his head.

She walked back out, her heart was heavy. It broke her heart to see Denzel in that state. Because he should be a kid, going out and playing. Not being weakened to a state close to death. He was quite a fighter, but how long could he fight? Not wanting to make herself cry, she shook it off and made her way down stairs. 

There was always a strange feeling when it came to living in Midgar, almost every day was the same. Nothing special, except for the occasional shopping trip that was today. So, she bounded down the rickety stairs and ran towards the kitchen. Hearing the small sounds of someone in the kitchen, she smirked to herself and jumped into the room, scaring the hell out of whoever was in there. 

"Caught!" (Y/n) yelled, making Cloud jump and drop the piece of toast that he was eating. He stared down at the sad half eaten toast, he groaned.

"Morning." He begrudgingly grumbled, causing (Y/n) to giggle. 
"I'm sorry, I can make you another if you want." She said, Cloud shook his head, he picked up the toast and threw it in the garbage. 
"It's fine." He said, he wiped his hands off and turned his attention to her. 

"Where are you off to?" He asked, 
"If I don't get you guys groceries, you'll starve." (Y/n) joked, she opened the fridge and scanned to see what was inside. 

Since the fridge was almost empty, she mentally noted it down. She turned back to Cloud, who had a more serious look on his face. He moved closer to her, he positioned himself in front of her, his arm reached out and grasped her hand. 

"I talked to Rufus Shinra," He said, (Y/n) nervously looked at him. "He told me that there was a growing threat." 
"What is it?" She asked, Cloud's hand becoming tighter. 
"A gang, they attacked me outside the city. Just be careful, don't go too far from the house." Cloud said, his other hand then gently cupped her face. 

"Did you get hurt?" She asked, but Cloud shook his head. 
"It's not that bad, one of them shot my glasses off my face." Cloud said, shrugging slightly. (Y/n) lightly scoffed, because of how unphased he sounded. 

"That sounds like you got hurt." (Y/n) crossed her arms. Cloud's hand moved down from her face to her shoulder, his thumb doing small circular rubbing motions, making (Y/n) look down at his hand and back up at him.