Silk And Snow

🥀

What a let down, Shinra's Turks are so disappointingly weak that it was almost laughable. Kadaj might as well have just opened the front door and waltzed his way in, but it was a nice little work out. 

"Boy, do I hate liars." Kadaj shamed, strolling past Shinra's Turks, who was on the ground writhing in pain. 
"I apologize. Now, you get the truth." Rufus started, "The object you seek fell from the helicopter while we were running from you. I'm afraid we were careless." 

"Is that right?" Kadaj asked, facing away from the man in the wheelchair. Kadaj turned his head to the side, just enough to see him in his peripherals. 
"I swear it." Rufus said, through his teeth. Kadaj grabbed two small objects from his coat pocket. 

"Fine, then swear on these." Mindlessly tossing the two Shinra ID's on the table beside Rufus. 
"Why did you do this?" Rufus asked, the tiniest amount of anger in his voice. 

"We need mother's power." Kadaj said, "The reunion is coming. And we need her." 
Kadaj turned back around and faced Rufus, the top part of his face covered by the white sheet that shielded his injuries. 

"Reunion?" Rufus repeated, Kadaj's eyes still kept their snake like appearance, but had a small playful look in his glance. 
"My brothers and sisters who share mother's cells will all assemble, and together we'll take revenge on the planet." Kadaj said, excitedly sweeping his arms in the air. "We've already sent out the invitations, but you know, someone's gone and hidden the guest of honor." 

"Invitations?" Rufus asked, Kadaj looked down at him, a slight annoyed expression on his face. 
"The stigma." He stated, Kadaj's eyes wandering down to Rufus's exposed hand that had obvious signs of the stigma. "But, you know all about that, sir." 

"Mother's mimetic legacy lives on in the lifestream and makes it happen." Kadaj taunted, he then shook his head. "She does so much for us, and we, we don't even know where to find her." 

A look of despair fell over Kadaj's face while he paced, stating a fact that hurt him deeply. He then stopped. 

"But what can we do?" Kadaj asked, mostly talking to himself. "We're just remnants, merely remnants of mother's legacy. Until we find mother and receive her cells, we can't be whole again. Geostigma and a legacy, aren't enough. Not for a true reunion." 
"What do you mean?" Rufus asked, with Kadaj leering down at him. Hovering like a spider about to attack its prey, Kadaj nearly chuckled.

"But sir, surely you noticed." Kadaj taunted, walking closer to Rufus. Kadaj stopped just in front of him, he then knelt down to one knee. 

While Kadaj rose his head, the blaring white pain of the stigma started to act up, Rufus tried to hide the impending fear that was bubbling up from inside of him. As he saw Kadaj's face start to flash along with the blinding pain that pulsed through his body, he saw Kadaj then he saw Him. It was like a twisted, real life glitch. Kadaj's face was masked by His face, a face that Rufus knew all too well. 

🥀

"Can I come in, (Y/n)?" Loz's voice asked from the other side of the door. (Y/n) got up from her position, making sure the blanket still covered her. 
"Sure." She called, hearing the door creak open with Loz peeking his head through. 

"Hi!" Loz smiled, (Y/n) couldn't help but giggle at him. 
"Hello, what do you need?" She asked, Loz thought for a moment but shrugged. 

"Nothing, I'm just bored. Yazoo and Kadaj left, usually I would go with them, but they wanted me to stay and watch you." Loz said, "But, I do like having you here. It stops Yazoo from teasing me." 
"Well, can I ask you something?" (Y/n) asked, Loz looked at her and nodded.