Was It Beauty That Killed The Beast?

🥀

(Y/n) banged on the door, tears still fell down her eyes. She knew that Cloud would kill Kadaj, there was no way to stop them if she was in here. So, she quickly changed out of her silver dress, and put on some black shorts and a black tank top. (Y/n) ran to the window, it was too small for her to crawl through. The door was metal, she couldn't break through and to add insult to injury, she had no phone.

(Y/n) slumped down in front of the door, the feeling of utter defeat fell over her. She cried for Kadaj, a man she fell in love with. She hit the door again out of frustration.

"Oh, Kadaj. I'm sorry." She cried, placing her hands on her face. "I love you."

"Uh, (Y/n)?" A small voice spoke from the opposite side of the door. It was Marlene.
"Marlene?" (Y/n) asked, which she could hear the small girl say 'mhm'.
"Are you stuck?" She asked, innocently.
"Yes, do you know where Cloud keeps the key?" She asked, Marlene thought for a moment.
"I think he keeps it at his desk." The small girl said, while instantly running to Cloud's office

(Y/n) quickly ran to her dress, trying to find the keys for Yazoo's truck. She could hear Marlene sorting through Cloud's items, her heart raced with anticipation.

🥀

It was done. Kadaj had found their mother, but he almost lost Yazoo and Loz in the process. He heard a large explosion and didn't see them following anymore, he kept his face straight but in his head he felt the urge to drive back to check on them. But he had to keep going, but it was almost impossible. It's surprising what this new empathy was doing to him.

The sad thing about this was that he felt so depressed that finding his Mother was almost nothing. He felt like a shell of his old self, yes it had only been a couple hours since him and (Y/n) had been separated. But in his head, he felt as if he had lost her forever. It was the intense loneliness that got him, it was a feeling he had never experienced. He looked down at the small metal box that contained some of his mother's DNA, well here goes nothing.

"I love you." Kadaj said, but the wind wasn't her and it just made his heart ache even more.

He knew where to drive, and where he wanted to give it all up. He knew that his brother, Cloud, would show up and try and stop him. So, he would put up a little fight and end his miserable life. Surprisingly, HE wasn't doing anything, he was staying silent.

🥀

"(Y/n), I found the key!" Marlene declared, making (Y/n) run to the door.
"Does it work, Marlene?" (Y/n) asked, feeling frantic.

She could hear the small girl start to put the key in the lock. At first there was nothing, almost stomping out (Y/n)'s hope of getting free. But then a small click was heard, Marlene then turned the doorknob and opened the door.

"It works!" She happily declared, giving (Y/n) a big smile.

"Thank you, so much." (Y/n) said, bringing the girl into a hug. "But I have to leave, call Tifa!"
"Okay, (Y/n)!" Marlene said, (Y/n) then got up and ran down the stairs.
"Keep an eye on Denzel!" (Y/n) yelled, while running out the front door.

🥀

"Brother," Kadaj called, from upon a pile of broken concrete. Watching Cloud get off his bike and walk towards him. "I'm with her at last!"
"So, what now?" Cloud asked, his sword clenched tightly in his hand. Kadaj lightly chuckled, and looked down at the metal container.
"Mother's going to tell me." Kadaj said, Cloud rolled his eyes.

"I guess a remnant wouldn't really know." Cloud said, getting Kadaj's attention. "He doesn't know his next move, and he doesn't even get the girl."
Kadaj's fists were tightly clenched, offended by the fact he brought up (Y/n).