Don't Let Go

🥀

Kadaj opened the door to the room, (Y/n) looked away from the boarded up window and the snow that fell just beyond it. It was dark out, the only light source was the trees. Kadaj closed the door behind him, (Y/n) looked up at him trying to see what his expression was. Just so she wouldn't get on his bad side. She clutched her blanket tightly, and took a small breath. 

"Hello." She greeted, getting his attention. He looked tired, almost drained. 

But, he tried to hide it by straightening up his posture and keeping his hair in front of his face. Kadaj had gotten another one of his headaches, this one was the worst one yet. It managed to drain all his energy, luckily it was night time, so he had plenty of time to rest up. 

"You've been out for a long time, are you okay?" (Y/n) asked, Kadaj looked at her and nodded. 
"Just fine." He said, but then a small memory entered his head. 

Rufus had brought up the fact that Kadaj had stolen (Y/n) from Cloud. Why did it make him so angry when he heard Rufus say 'His girl.'? Was it jealousy? Was it just annoyance?

"Don't be upset, but I want to tell you something." (Y/n) said, getting Kadaj's attention. 
"What is it?" He asked, looking at her. 
"Loz took me outside for a few minutes, but he didn't know you wanted me to stay inside. Please, don't be mad at him." (Y/n) said, Kadaj looked at her in confusion. Did she really care enough to make sure Loz wouldn't get in trouble? But, why? 

"I-I'm not mad." Kadaj stuttered, (Y/n) looked relieved but didn't believe it. 
"You aren't?" She asked, Kadaj nodded. 
"I never told him that you weren't allowed outside. It would be a little cruel to punish someone for not knowing, don't you think?" Kadaj asked, in a playful tone. "I also don't think you could've out ran Loz." 
"The thought never even crossed my mind." (Y/n) smiled, "And I'd rather not find out." 
"Good girl, you're learning." Kadaj teased, (Y/n) smirked but tried to hide it.

Kadaj made his way to the bed, since she was sitting by the wall, it made space for him to sleep on the edge of the bed. So, he laid down and placed his arm over his eyes, letting out a tired sigh. Since it was heavily snowing outside, the house was becoming increasingly colder by the minute. But somehow, Kadaj wasn't cold or at least not yet. 

"Get some sleep." Kadaj said, (Y/n) looked down at him. His arm was draped over his face, the crook of his elbow shielded his eyes. She laid down beside him, making sure to keep a good distance away. She shivered when the blanket moved, letting in the freezing air. 

"Will you be warm enough?" Kadaj asked, taking note of her shivering. (Y/n) nodded, cuddling her blanket tighter. 
"Y-Yeah." She shivered unconvincingly. Kadaj didn't push, he sighed and turned away from her. (Y/n) looked at him, how was he not freezing in all that leather? She sighed, (Y/n) turned around and faced the wall. Welcoming the sweet relief of sleep. 

(Y/n) was asleep until she could feel a small movement on the bed, she opened her eyes and saw Kadaj. He was still faced away from her, but she noticed that he was shivering. The sound of his shaky breathing, and shivering made her worried. So, she unwrapped the blanket around herself. Since she was still so tired, she felt as if her mind was still half asleep. 

(Y/n) opened up her blanket, letting the cold air in for just a second. She then draped her arm around Kadaj, letting the blanket fall over him. His freezing leather was like ice, no wonder why he was so cold. He jumped when he felt her arm wrap around his waist, while the blanket was now covering him. The warm blanket felt nice on his skin, but he could feel her arm tighten around him. 

She brought herself closer to him, her head now resting on his back. The cold leather hurt for just a moment, but then it started to warm up. Kadaj's eyes were wide, he didn't know what to do. He could shove her off, but that only meant he would suffer in the cold for the whole night. So, he swallowed his pride and let her hold him. She let out a small sigh of contentment, making his heart race. 

"Y-You didn't have to do this." He shivered, (Y/n) still held him tight. 
"You're freezing, I couldn't just sit here and listen to you shiver." She whispered, still tired. 

Kadaj turned around, (Y/n) moved back, giving him room to get into a more comfortable position. He made sure the blanket was over him, he then looked at the tired girl. 

"Your reputation precedes you, (Y/n)." Kadaj smirked, (Y/n) looked up at him in confusion. 
"My reputation?" She asked, he nodded. 
"Before I took you," He started, "I saw the way you treated people, always greeting them with a smile and a nice conversation. Not to mention the child and the sick mother you gave the bread to, it's nice to see that it wasn't just an act." 

"Well, I guess I just do that alot that I don't notice anymore." (Y/n) said, but Kadaj shook his head. 
"Now, don't sell yourself short." He said, his tone becoming less of a hiss and more like a gentle whisper. "You're the first person I've met that was genuine." 

"It sounds like you've met some awful people." (Y/n) said, "I'm not that impressive, it's just basic human decency." 
"You'd be amazed by all the fake and deceptive people out there, (Y/n). Human decency almost doesn't exist." Kadaj said, (Y/n) took note of that. Maybe he was right. 

"And what about you?" (Y/n) asked, Kadaj shrugged. "You must've had some sort of kindness given to you." 
"Can't receive what you haven't gave." Kadaj said, "Although, you're the first that has been this kind to me." 
"I'm sorry." She apologized, feeling bad for him. She couldn't even imagine not having any sort of kindness given to her, since she was known for that, it sounded crazy to her. 

"Don't apologize for everyone's mistakes, (Y/n). It'll never be your fault." Kadaj said, his smirk disappearing from his face. 

(Y/n) looked up at him, she then felt her heart race. She then moved closer to him, her face was almost in his chest. She could feel him tense up as she placed her hand on his chest, (Y/n) then rested against him. 

Kadaj didn't know what to do, he could feel her body on his. He froze, what was he supposed to do? He had never had this happen to him before, it was new and confusing. Taking a leap of faith, he outstretched his arm so her head could lay on it. He then used his other arm to wrap around her, bringing her closer to him. 

"Goodnight, Kadaj." She yawned, "I hope I managed to make you warm enough." 

Was that really all she worried about? Making sure he was warm enough? But, he hadn't even done an ounce of good for her. He stole her away, treated her poorly and then almost hurt her arm a couple times. Kadaj wasn't any good for her, but still she tried to make sure he was warm and comfortable. 

"Goodnight, (Y/n). You amaze me." Kadaj said, holding her close. (Y/n) giggled, she snuggled into him more and made herself comfortable. He rested his head on hers, breathing in her scent. But, he mentally slapped himself. What was he doing? Why did he do that? 

Kadaj mentally scolded himself, he went to push her off but couldn't make himself do it. She just looked so comfortable and warm, and so..cute. He just couldn't make himself, it was nearly impossible. So, he just let himself hold her. Finally letting his guard down, he held her close to him. It wasn't even for his warmth anymore, it was for her. 

Damn that girl, she was so selfless that she managed to make him weak. It was flattering that she cared enough to wake up and make sure he was warm, why it was such a big deal to him was because no one had ever done this for him. This feeling made him annoyed, because it made him feel like a young school boy, whose eyes were fixated on the pretty girl. If it wasn't so cold, he could just push her off and be done with this. But, there was one problem, he didn't want to let go of her.