vii

EDITED ON 28.03.21 & 3/23/2023 || 4824 words

episode 17

As I was heading to school with my driver driving me there, I sensed that something big will happen today. My senses and all that aren't always right, believe me, but sometimes it'd go very wrong if I point at it too much. Besides all that, I noticed an old man that was on the street, struggling to pick his cane up as I see that his back can't go down any further. The road that my driver used had a lonely street, but I couldn't let that old man struggle alone.

"Stop for a moment," I told my driver and he nodded, stopping in the side lanes as I opened the door and ran to the stranger.

Picking the cane up, I gave it to him and smiled. "There you go, Sir."

"Why thank you, young one. My back would've ached even more if you wouldn't come," The old man said and I chuckled, noticing that school was about to start in a few more minutes by how the sun was rising at. Turning my head back to the old man, I then asked if he wanted a ride to go to his house after my driver drops me off at school, but he declines the offer kindly. I couldn't help but feel like this man sends a good aura to everyone, which is cool and nice to have around.

"I have to go now, Sir! Stay safe!" I said as I ran back to the car, waving my hand as a farewell to him. He only sends me a smile as response to that.

Getting back into the car again, my driver resumed the car from stopping.

A time skip at lunchtime, I walked towards Adrien that was talking with a nervous Nino behind the folded tables. When Nino saw me first and looked like he was about to run towards me, I raised an eyebrow in confusion; but he really did run to me and grabbed my arm, dragging me back into his spot where he and Adrien were having a slight chit chat. Adrien's cheeks turned slightly pink when seeing me, which I always find that adorable.

Turning my attention back to Nino, he looked at me as if I'm his saviour of the day.

"(Y/n), (y/n), (y/n)! I need tips and help from you, please!" He exclaims and I looked at Adrien. He nods while laughing at his own best friend.

"Help with what, Nino?" I asked the boy who was still on his knees with his hand folded on top of his hat.

"Since you and Adrien are together-" What he just said made me fake a cough, trying to cut him off but he was too fast when talking, "-I need to know how he got you, or possibly the other way around."

Laughing at that, I glanced at Adrien and smirked. Teasing him about it even though it wasn't true yet. It'd be fun.

"You see, my child... a way to win a lady or someone's heart is to just be yourself and be confident. Giving them little surprises would be good, too." I started and wrapped an arm around Adrien's shoulder, bending him down a little. He flinched a little when I did that, but I chuckle it off and ruffle the boy's hair playfully. "That's how."

Nino stood up quickly and smiled widely, thanking me until a sudden realization hits him. His happy face turned into a frown. "But I can't do that..." 

Gasping at his not-so-true comment, I quickly added, "Adrien will help you with that. Plus, I'm sure this lucky lady would be glad to have you ask her out."

-

When I let Adrien help Nino out after school, I told the two that I'll be heading home first to take a quick shower before going to the zoo to help Nino out with Adrien.

Arriving at my own house, I went to my bedroom and put my bags down, about to head to the bathroom before I spotted a small unfamiliar box that was placed on top of my nightstand. Did dad or mom leave me a gift? I asked myself as I walked towards my nightstand. As I was about to pick it up, I shook my head and turn around.