Happy 10th Anniversary Unova!!

Reminder: Just like every special chapter, this chapter has nothing to do with the main storyline. This reminder will appear in every other special chapter that is to come.

I drew the picture at the top too!

...

"So, what's the occasion? Why do you suddenly want to go to the ferris wheel?" You asked the excited looking green haired male who was pulling your hand.

"Just you wait! It's a surprise!" He kept running towards the famous Rondez View Ferris Wheel that you both rode every Friday. Today was a Friday, but...

"C-Can you at least slow down?!" You were struggling to keep up with him at this point, almost tripping a few times.

"No can do! It's almost starting!"

"What's almost starting??"

"You'll see!"

You kept running closer and closer to the ferris wheel, and it kept getting bigger and bigger. You keep thinking, just what was making N so excited?

Eventually you arrived at the reception counter, panting a lot because of all the running.

"Ah! Our regulars. You're here for the special thing, right?" The lady spoke. She recognised you and N because you both frequently rode the ferris wheel together. Honestly it's nice to know someone like that.

"That's right!" N cheerfully replied.

"Well, we have a special offer today for regulars. You can get on for free!"

"Woah, for real?!" You said, surprised.

"Of course! Please, step inside!" The lady guided you to a cabin of the ferris wheel.

As you sat down, you just couldn't contain your curiosity any longer.

"C'mon, just tell me what's so special about today?" You hugged his arm tightly.

"Do you know what's today's date?" He asked.

"It's 18th September. Why?"

"Just be patient. Good things come to those who wait!"

"At least tell me why I couldn't come with my Pokémon?" You begged.

"This cabin is too small for any of your Pokémon, sadly. Don't worry though, they can can still witness the 'special thing' at home." He held out a camera and smiled comfortingly. This alone was able to give you a hint on whatever this special thing is. It can be seen!

18th September... 18th September... Just what is so special about this date?

Wait, could it be?!

The cabin was almost at the top, and the outside was already dark. But, it was very pretty, the shining lights of Nimbasa City still glowed brightly in the dark.

And just as the cabin was about to reach the top N got his camera ready.

"Say it with me, okay?" He told you.

"Say what with you?"

And right as you reaches the top, beautiful fireworks started bursting in the dark sky!

"Happy birthday Unova!!"

N shouted, and I unconsciously shouted along.

He smiled at me.

"It's Unova's birthday today! The exact day  the twin heroes along with the legendary dragon created the Unova region."

You were right! It's Unova's birthday! The day the fifth generation of Pokémon games were released to the public in your real world.

It makes sense now. All the fireworks were Unovan Pokémon, ranging from Minccino, to Zorua, to Emolga, and finally to Zekrom and Reshiram.

Special. Very special. I'm grateful I got to this world. The fifth generation wasn't very loved until the recent gen five music hits different memes. Talking about how the Pokémon weren't well designed... Every other region had badly designed Pokémon too, but no one ever talks about them!

The fifth generation is my favourite. I can't thank Unova enough for existing. You made my boring days become exciting. When I was alone, my Pokémon were with me! You filled my world with amazing music. You had flaws but, nothing can ever change the fact that I think you are the best region, Unova.

Time for me to say this too:

Happy 10th anniversary Pokémon Black and White!

(Notice the change from second to first person perspective? Yeah that's me.)