California Dreamin'

Joan declared the next day as a girls day. She took Evie, Donna, Cindy, and me all out for a day on the town. As you'd expect, it was mainly spent shopping. Joan shopping for a boyfriend, the rest of us for that California style. 

    Evie went nuts, but when it comes to new clothes, she always does. I managed to contain myself until Cindy convinced me to buy a new dress. 

    "I say we go to a club tonight," Joan proposed. 

    "I'm not sure if you've noticed but most of us aren't old enough to get into a club," I pointed out. 

    Joan laughed, "Trust me, I can get you in. It's spring break weekend, no one is going to card you."

    "This trip just gets better by the minute," Evie squealed, her arms full of shopping bags. 

    It was late afternoon when we came back to the house. The guys were playing football on the front lawn. The look on Steve's face when Evie pulled out her bags was priceless.

    "You better make sure she didn't blow our gas money or I'm taking your next few paychecks," Darry told Steve.

    "Don't punish me because she can't control herself," Steve scoffed. 

    "Yeah but you brought her pal," Soda said, as he threw the ball to Steve. 

    Steve rolled his eyes, "Marilyn! Catch!"

    I looked up to see the football flying at my face. I dropped my bags and caught the ball before it hit me. I looked up and Soda had a big grin on his face. He started to run towards me. I couldn't even think about what was going on before he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. 

    "Come on baby, touch down!" He yelled as he ran towards the designated 'end zone.'

    I laughed, "Put me down Soda."

    He ran past the goal line and threw one of his hands in the air, "Touch down! We did it!"

    He finally set me down and kissed me. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. 

    "Thanks for being a team player," he teased. 

    "Anytime. You did all the work," I teased back. 

    "You two are disgusting," Dally scoffed. 

    Joan proposed the idea of going to the club to the guys and they all thought it was great. Soda and I went up to our room to get dressed. I put on a comfortable, fitted dress that I had gotten that day. Soda was on the other side of the room getting dressed. He looked so handsome. He noticed me staring at him, chuckled, and winked at me. I blushed. 

    "You're too cute," he smiled, walking over to me. He pushed my hair out of my face and kissed my forehead.

    "Let's go prince charming," I laughed, taking his hand.

    "Does that mean you're my princess?" He asked.

    "I think I the sound of queen better." He smiled and bowed.

    We walked downstairs where everyone was waiting, looking dashing as always. We piled into our cars and went downtown. Joan was right, we found a nice club and they didn't card any of us. 

    "This is great man," Johnny said. "I never knew what I was missing."

    They had a live band playing on the stage. The room was full of people dancing, drinking, and having fun. The lights were low, sealing the underground party look. 

    "Let's dance," Soda said. 

    He dragged me on to the dance floor. Be My Baby by The Ronettes was playing. Soda held me, swaying me back and forth to the beat. People clapped and sang along. I thought they knew how to party back in Tulsa but it was totally different in California. It was like a dream.

    We danced and danced and danced until I felt like my feet were going to fall off. Then we danced some more. The band was incredible. At one point in the night, Two-Bit and Dally managed to raid the stage and start singing. The band let them stay up there for a few seconds before kicking them off. They were both drunk as a skunk. 

    "They're crazy!" Soda howled over the music. The smile on his face was big.

    "That's what happens when they hang out with you for too long," I joked.

    "That's rude," he frowned. He spun me around and by the time I was facing him again, his smile had returned. That smile was so contagious. 

    We stayed out until nearly three in the morning. Everyone was tired and if they weren't tired, they were drunk. We went back home and got ready to go to bed. As we were laying in bed that night, Soda kept staring at me.

    "I can't wait until I get to go to bed with you every night. Our kids in the other room. It's going to be perfect," he daydreamed. 

    I smiled, "I can't wait."

    I couldn't wait until the day where we said our "I do's". I couldn't wait to have his kids. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my incredible life with him.