First Time for Everything

"You look amazing," Elizabeth said as we all walked into the living room.

I smiled and thanked her. I had pinned up my hair and left small pieces down to frame my face. Evie had helped me make my makeup look flawless. My dress was long, a baby blue color. It had a lace neckline and sinched in at my waist. I thought it was beautiful.

Our dates showed up shortly after that. Cherry invited Ponyboy to go with her and Two-Bit found a date named Dawn, so we all met up and went to the school together.

Cherry got quite a few odd looks from her Soc friends when she walked in with Ponyboy. They were mostly Bob's friends but I was proud of Cherry, she totally blew them off.

The band was already going and people were dancing. Soda and I avoided the few stares we received. Rumors can be a brutal thing. I'll never understand how they spread so quickly.

"Hey, we are here together. We are happy. You look stunning. Let's just go have fun," Soda reminded me.

I smiled and took his hand. Once again, we were racing off to dance. I couldn't imagine my life without ever experiencing the feeling I get when I dance with him. It's like a drug. Fun, exhilarating, somewhat addictive.

The band played These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding. I remembered this song from when Soda was helping me feel better after my mom left. It had a special place in my heart.

The night went on and everyone was having a blast. As Soda and I were dancing to Papa's Got A Brand New Bag, I noticed Clint staring at me from a table in the corner. He was sitting with a few of his friends, giving one of the coldest looks I had seen in a while. I looked away, trying to ignore him but I couldn't. I had to do it. I looked at him again, smiled, and flipped him the bird. He lunged out of his chair but his friends sat him back down.

Soda spun me around and I laughed. Clint couldn't touch me and he knew it. So did his friends. Boy did karma feel good.

After an hour or two, they decided to announce prom King and Queen. We all gathered around the stage while Mrs. Kanning stood by the microphone. She announced the King candidates, "Clint Springs, Bob Sheldon, David Roberts, and Dean Mattheson." Everyone cheered for them and they climbed on the stage. Then she announced the Queen candidates, "Sherri Valance, Linda Donovan, Janice Springs, and Marilyn Rouse."

I nearly stopped breathing as I heard my name called. Sodapop shook me and cheered. He kissed me before Cherry grabbed my hand and pulled me to the stage.

"Isn't this exciting!" She squealed.

"Who would nominate me?" I asked, somewhat jokingly.

She laughed, "Clearly somebody. Let's see who won!"

Mrs. Kanning announced, "Now your Will Rogers 1966 Prom King is..... Clint Springs!" The crowd cheered for him but I immediately met eyes with Sodapop. I was not going to be sharing a dance with Clint. Not after what happened. I couldn't win. As much as winning queen would be fun, I was praying I wouldn't. "And his Queen is..... Marilyn Rouse!"

I could almost hear Clint's gasp. Mine was nearly as audible. Being nominated was one thing but how could I win out of all of the girls standing next to me.

"Go get your crown!" Cherry pushed me forward.

I walked up to Mrs. Kanning who placed a small tiara on my head. Two-Bit and Evie were bouncing off the walls in the crowd. They made me smile but it all went away when I saw Clint move closer to me for a picture. He put his arm around my waist.

"This is unbelievable," he groaned under his breath.

Suddenly, someone picked me up and started hollering. It was Sodapop, "My queen, my queen! I'll save you from the mean, ugly beast!" I busted up laughing as he carried me off the stage and out of the gym. There was an uproar of laughter from our friends.

"I'm gonna kill him!" We heard Clint yell when we got into the hallway. Soda set me down and took my hand.

"Uh oh. The beast is angry!" He yelped as we started running.

Clint and a few of his buddies were chasing us, followed by Steve and Two-Bit coming for back up. Soda and I ran out to my car, "Give me the keys!"

"What?!" I asked.

"Just do it!" He said giving me a grin. I tossed him the keys and we got into the car. He quickly backed out, nearly running someone over, and sped out of the parking lot.

"You're crazy Sodapop. Absolutely insane!" I yelled, still laughing.

"I wasn't going to let you just get tortured by Clint Springs anymore. I had to save my beautiful queen," he smiled, fixing my tiara.

"Why thank you my king. But why couldn't I drive?"

"I'm taking you somewhere."

"Oh really? Where?"

"A surprise."

"Oh okay," I laughed. I knew he wouldn't tell me. A few minutes later, we pulled up in front of his house. "This is your surprise location?"

"Yes ma'am," he smiled.

He got out of the car and opened my door for me. It had started raining so he took off his jacket and held it over my head. The house was dark, I wasn't sure where Darry was.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Well. I just thought tonight was special," he opened his bedroom door. There were a few candles and some flower petals on the bed. I knew exactly where this was going.

"Now you know we don't have to do anything if you don't want to," he reassured. "I just want to be with you tonight. Is that okay?"

I was so nervous. Nervous that it was my first time and that I would disappoint. Nervous that it would hurt. No matter how nervous I was, I couldn't help but want him. All of him. Every single inch of him. I simply nodded. He smiled.

He lit the candles, turn the lights off, and turned on the radio. These Arms of Mine. Otis Redding always knew when to come on in the best moments.

Soda stood behind me, slowly taking my dress off. Once it was on the ground, I turned around and kissed him. I continued to kiss him as I took off his tie and vest. He laughed and took my crown off.

"Wait, wait. What about Darry?" I asked, pulling away.

He laid me down on the bed, "Kids were out of the house. He went to hang out with some friends. We have a couple hours."

He kissed my neck as I took off the rest of his clothes. He stopped, "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

I pulled him in for a kiss. "I love you. I want you."

He smiled and chuckled a bit. He traced his hands up and down my body, telling me he loved me. My skin tingled. I kissed him over and over. The love had taken control of our bodies.

"Soda?" I asked as he kissed my stomach.

"Yes my love?"

"Be gentle."

"I'll be gentle baby."

He wrapped his arms around me and we made love. It did hurt but it also felt amazing. Just being so close to him. I wouldn't have wanted my first time with anyone else.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Wait for marriage kiddos :)