Just One Moment

DAY 98, DEC 10 (SATURDAY)

It was barely 4:30 in the morning when I woke up. Feeling a heavy weight on my chest, I pry an eye open and trace the arm over to Temari who slept beside me.

Groaning quietly, I shuffle under my blanket until I freed my arms from under it and threw Temari's arm over to her face without a trace of elegance.

I wince, fearing she'd wake up but thankfully she merely let out a snore before turning her back to me.

Shaking my head, I sit up on my futon letting out a yawn and stretching my arms over my head. Everyone was still asleep. Even Sakura, our class representative, slept soundlessly beside me. Well, I guess I did woke up too early.

I look pass Sakura to see the empty futon last night now occupied by the owner with her blonde locks tracing the blanket. I never saw her return despite us sleeping late. Temari came back to the room after looking for her saying she was studying with a teacher and shouldn't be disturbed. Even if she was with a teacher, I don't think they'd let her stay up too late.

Deciding to ask her later when she's awake, I tiptoe over to my bag.

For today's activity, we'll head over to Hakuba Ski mountain, 4hrs away from Kyoto by train. Reason why we'll be leaving the hotel by 7:00 am.

After packing all my things in my bag, I took the honor of taking a shower first in the bathroom rather than waiting in line for a turn when they wake up. I'd rather bath in cold water than having to rush myself if I did it a little later.

Surprisingly, everyone was still asleep when I finished. Giving them a disappointed look, I went out the room to go for a morning walk. They need to learn what happens when they sleep in.

Outside the hotel by the garden, the warmth brought by the sun as it starts to rise felt refreshing. I love the dynamic it has when both it's rays and the cold wind brushes my skin at the same time. I often feel my thoughts clear up whenever it does. I needed this in order to face the situation I caught myself into before the start of the trip. Formulate a plan maybe.

While I was eating out after the volleyball competition with Kiba and Shino our conversation turned to Naruto-a topic we often had thanks to Kiba's constant teasing-and his change of behaviour towards me. I highly doubt it meant anything. Naruto was just being Naruto. But to stop the two from pestering me I agreed to do something with him in this trip just to confirm. As you may know, so far I haven't had any success.

My phone buzzes bringing me out of my thoughts and I pull it out to read Neji's... Morning greeting I guess?

"I'm sending this message in case you happen to be sleeping in when you shouldn't. Get everything and yourself ready before you head down the lobby so you wouldn't have any problems that I'LL have to resolve later on."

Sometimes I'm just not sure if he's really concerned about me or himself. I'd like to bet on the former knowing Neji isn't one to express himself too much when it makes him look soft. Ignoring most of his message I simply reply with a "good morning" and sent the same to my two friends while I was at it.

Before I could put my phone away my phone buzzed, showing Shino's reply that contained the same greeting. Then he asked what I was doing.

:I'm out in the garden for a morning walk :) Doing some thinking...

Shino: About Naruto? /B)

I stare at my screen feeling my face heat up at the mere mention of his name. Thanks to my countless experience, I knew that I was blushing and my brain racked in what to reply.