6

Youngjo woke up to the sun shining on his eyes. Youngjo draped a hand over his eyes blocking the sun but sleep had already left him. Trying not to wake Hwanwoong up, Youngjo left the bed to close the curtains so that Hwanwoong could still catch some sleep.

Hands holding the curtain, Youngjo caught a glance of the sea. Youngjo didn't think Hwanwoong's house was this close to the sea. He knew that Hwanwoong and his cousin spent time swimming in the sea, but he didn't think it was just behind them. After he was sure that there would be no sunlight seeping through the curtains, Youngjo left the room in search of hot coffee.

When he reached the dining room, he found that the table was already set for two. There on the table was a wide array of breakfast food. There was rice of course, there were also eggs both sunny-side up and scrambled. There was also bacon and ham to name a few, in conclusion it was a breakfast feast. Youngjo couldn't believe his eyes, this was a lot of food for just two people. Youngjo was still gawking at the food when Hwanwoong's mother entered the room.

"Oh, you're awake dear! Is Hwanwoong up also?" Hwanwoong's mother asked setting the bags on the floor- she had just come back from the market.

"He's still asleep ma'am" Youngjo politely replied.

"Don't be so formal Youngjo, we're family now." Hwanwoong's mom lightly slapped his shoulders before guiding him to the table.

"Now eat up. Our woongie will still be sleeping like a log, he'll wake up on his own when he's really hungry." Hwanwoong's mom giggled at her own words as Youngjo sat down and ate his breakfast.

By the time he was finished, Youngjo felt like he was going to burst, he was so full. Whenever his plate was becoming empty, Hwanwoong's mother would appear and put more on his plate, until he couldn't eat any more. But Youngjo still appreciated her, she sat with him as he ate his breakfast, talking with him.

Youngjo was sipping his coffee, Hwanwoong's mother talking about one of Hwanwoong's childhood memories and Youngjo was listening attentively. She began talking about one of Hwanwoong's adventures in the sea behind them, that Youngjo mused about its closeness to the house out loud.

"Oh! You can go to the shore if you would like to. I'll just tell Hwanwoong that you're there. Just be back before lunch." Youngjo thanked her before going to wash his dishes. Hwanwoong's mom told her to just leave it in the sink but Youngjo insisted on washing it, and she just let him do what he wants.

After putting the plates and utensils in their proper place, Youngjo grabbed his phone and went on his way towards the seashore. As he made his way there, he felt the path he was walking on change from the hardened loam soil to the soft sands of the shore.

Bits of sand invaded his feet but Youngjo didn't paid any mind to it. He sat under the shade of a coconut tree, leaning back, hands sinking into the sand, just looking at the horizon. He felt at peace just listening to the waves, crashing to the shore, smelling the scent of the sea, and feeling the warm air against him.

Youngjo forgot the last time he went to the sea or the province to be exact. He was always surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city. Youngjo's family used to go on trips to the province a long time ago but as they grew up, they have become busy with work and life, there wasn't any time to plan trips anymore.