14

tw //  major character death, blood, death

The low rumble of the air-conditioning and the occasional notes filled the studio where a certain ravenette sat, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he listened to the melodies play. It's been two months since Youngjo and Hwanwoong got engaged, one month since they started their wedding preparations, and a month until their wedding date. They had found the perfect reception venue, and they settled to have a vintage theme for their wedding.

The maknaes were happy to help Hwanwoong plan the wedding. The younger found himself being dragged by Dongju and Keonhee every Saturday, going through different flower shops and pastry shops for their cake. Youngjo and Hwanwoong also went through different catering services, deciding on the menu, and they had also picked out their suits. Just yesterday the two went to a jewelry shop to look for rings. Everything was going smoothly.

So now, Youngjo sat in his studio, working on a song, his promise to Hwanwoong. The beautiful melody brought by the piano flowed through the speaker accompanied by a slight upbeat percussion and a guitar. Different notes and instruments merging together and creating this tune.

However, the song was still unfinished, Youngjo still needed to finish writing the lyrics and also make some final edits to the song. He was currently working on it when a ringing coming from his phone disturbed the ambience brought by the song. He picked up his phone and answered the call muttering a quick hello, not bothering to look at his screen to know who was calling him.

"Ah woongie! Why did you call?" Youngjo's face lit up when he heard the younger's voice on the other line.

"Were you working? Did I interrupt you hyung?" Hwanwoong asked. Worry filled his voice; he was afraid that he had called the elder at a wrong time. But Youngjo quickly assured him that he didn't interrupt or anything.

"No, no. You didn't. So?"

"Ah right! I'm on my way to your studio but I'm planning to stop by the Moon Bakeshop, so I called you to see if you want anything."

"It's okay you don't-"

"And don't say you don't want anything." Hwanwoong scolded the elder. "Who knows, when was the last time you ate. You really need to change that habit of yours hyung. It's not good for your health."

"Okay mom" Youngjo replied, rolling his eyes, but a smile formed on his face.

It was true that Youngjo has a habit of skipping his meals when he was working and Hwanwoong was always there to remind him. When Hwanwoong knew of this, he always called the elder to remind him to eat, and if he has free time, like today, Hwanwoong would come visit him in the studio, bringing a lot of food, that he was sure they couldn't finish it all but at the end of the day, the table was always left empty.

"So, do you want anything?" Hwanwoong asked again. Youngjo could hear the noise of the city streets in the background, indicating that Hwanwoong was walking on his way to the bakeshop.

"Hhmm. Just buy me something sweet."