🌸Musical Genius🌸

I awoke wrapped in red satin sheets. I'd never seen them before and they seemed expensive and were softer than anything I'd ever felt before. The bed around me was an extravagant golden swan, the sound of water snapped me out of my daydream as I looked around. Nothing was visible due to the black lace curtain hanging around the bed. I sat up, my dressing gown was still damp but I was wrapped in what looked to me like a black cape. It was warm and I kept it around me as I got out of the bed slowly pushing the lace curtain out of my way and taking a step onto the cold stone beneath my feet. I pushed my wet hair out of my face and cocooned myself inside the cape as I took a couple steps towards the archway. I could hear organ music coming from the other room as I peered around the corner I saw the back of a man, a white Bellamy shirt and Black pants, his slicked back black hair reflected in the candle light. I took a couple steps forward and he seemed to hear me, he turned for a moment to see me and turned back to the organ. He bounced between paper and quill and the keys of the organ. "Are you writing music?" I questioned quietly as I stood a distance away from him. "Yes Madame." He said not acknowledging me. I walked over to a stack of loose papers, they were seated on a table next to the organ. I was careful to make sure none of them got wet, and I carefully skimmed through them. One of them looked familiar and I pulled it out from under the stack, it was my sheet music. It wasn't exactly mine but it was a handwritten version of the song I was to perform. "This...d-did you write the opera we are performing." I said reading the lines of the music, admiring all the etched out music notes and the little blurbs of writing he left off to the side of what to change and what to keep. "Yes." He said looking over at me. "Care to practice." He said leaning one arm against the organ, I looked into his eyes and there was no way I could say no to him. I nodded still staring at his eyes, I swear I saw him smirk as he put his hand out for the music sheet. I handed it to him and snapped out of the trance I was under. I worked endlessly on it, rehearsing parts I swore I had perfect but he found things to improve on. I found myself singing and repeating the same line at least a hundred times before it was acceptable. "Here I was thinking I had this perfect." I said leaning in my elbow on top of the organ. He looked over at me, "you did...I'm just making it better than perfect." He said looking back down. "Better than perfect." I scoffed "never in my life have I heard that before, impossible." I said standing up and looking at him. "Well it's working." He said looking at the keys of the organ ready to begin playing. I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or not, I continued working till my voice was hoarse and dry. "Best we stop before we damage your voice." He said picking the paper up and placing it on top of the organ amidst the pile of random music sheets. I looked down at the cape that was still wrapped around my shoulders. "Is this yours?" I said wrapping it back around me. "Yes, why who else could it possibly be?" He said confused, going back to playing keys and writing them down on paper. "I don't know I assumed it was the rats on the stairwell." I said rolling my eyes with a giggle and sliding it off my shoulders and laying it on the seat next to him. He stared blankly at the music in front of him and shook his head a little. I rocked back on my heels basking awkwardly in the silence. "You'll freeze down here without that, it's best I take you back to your dressing room." He said standing up. He whipped the cape around and rested it on my shoulders as he led me up a spiral staircase almost identical to the one I passed through before. I was cautious with every step staring at my feet and falling behind as we walked up the stairs. "Don't fret, this staircase is completely safe." He said, turning to look at me tiptoeing around the steps. "What's different about this staircase." I said cautiously. "You see those tapestries of the old operas hanging up there." He said, looking up at the torchlit tapestries. "If you see those then you're in the right staircase, there's only two and they're set opposite of each other in the opera house just turn yourself around and go the other way." He said as we walked up the stairs. "If you are ever to come back down here that is." He said in a quieter tone. I nodded but I acknowledged the gentleness of his voice, I'd wish to hear that side of his voice more often it was soothing. Mixed with the deepness of his voice it made everything feel like it was going to be ok, even when my world was falling apart at the seams.